1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS Groin Pain Makes a Return

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by GTfan, May 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GTfan

GTfan Well known member

Hello all:

I stumbled upon TMS 6 years ago. I had a terrible bout with groin pain that I couldn't seem to shake. (This was after a bout with panic attacks, acid reflux, etc, all TMS symptoms).

The doctor diagnosed me with epididymitis. This is the swelling of the epididymis (one of the tubes feeding the testical). We tried several different antibiotics over several months that didn't seem to help. Finally he threw in the towel and said the only way I would find relief from the pain was surgery.

Well I wasn't going to accept this, so after herbal remedies and chiropractors failed me too, I finally stumbled upon TMS. And long story short I recovered completely! The pain was all pyschosomatic, and I even discovered many others in the online world who suffered from chronic epididymitis with no cure in sight, but most of them wouldn't listen to me and how I was able to recover.

Well now here I am 6 years later. I feel groin twinges from time to time. But mostly I'm able to temper them. I also still experience TMJ, acid reflex, gastritis, and a few other TMS symptoms, but it's a work in progress for me to one day rid myself of it all.

But now about a week ago I was driving and I felt a twinge in my left groin. My brain started the negative thinking rabbit hole immediately. And now it's been a week, and all the familiar groin pain is back. Sometimes it's a dull, achy pain. Sometimes it's a sharp pain all over my left and right groin and hip area. Sometimes it feels like a knot in my left abdomen. All the different locations and feelings fit the bill of a TMS symptom "on the run" or trying to keep me distracted from whatever I'm repressing.

I just started hanging out with a new girl that I really like, so I'm almost sure it has something to do with it. I've come to realise that whenever I have groin pain then most of the time it's related to some kind of sexual anger or frustration, but I'm not 100 percent sure on that.

Things are going really well, so I'm not sure why my TMS is going crazy. I mean I've tried having sex with her a few times, but she wants to wait a little bit longer. I respect her for that, and I think that's probably a good thing in the long run. But maybe my "animal" part of my brain is angry about this. And also maybe my conscience part of my brain is taking that as rejection. Maybe I'm worried that since she wants to make the sex something special that I won't be able to perform (especially now that I'm in pain in that particular area). I don't know, I'm kind of reaching here.

But anyways, I'm really struggling with this one. This is giving me flashbacks to one of the worst TMS times of my life. I could use some support and advice. Thanks guys

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i would like to know whatever came of this…?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You can go to @GTfan's profile page to follow his posts both prior and subsequent to this one - most recently in October. I imagine that this incident turned out to be exactly what he figured it was, and that all it took was acknowledging what was bothering him, how it related to his symptom, and letting time pass. Which is how we do the work.