1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS fever?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by LaughingKat, Aug 29, 2021.

1. LaughingKat

LaughingKat Peer Supporter

I'm just starting to draw a TMS connection between something that happens to me every once in a while, which happened again this week.

I'd say this is a high-stress time for me. In 10 days I'm starting a new job that I'm excited about and is more high-prestige than any job I've ever had. I've been having a lot of insecurity about that. Also, I was meant to leave yesterday for a 10 day vacation, culminating in a family wedding (outdoors, but still gives me Covid anxiety), and then drive 6 hours home to start my new job the next morning.

So on Thursday I spent a couple of hours in a freezing cold house (air conditioning) and was getting more and more stressed and angry because it's one of my pet peeves, over-air-conditioned spaces. Then I stepped out into the 90 degree weather and I just wanted to go home and be in my own stuffy house. When I did, I felt exhausted and, soon, overheated. My husband touched my skin and said I was burning up. Took my temperature, which was 102.5 F.

Had a Covid test which was negative. For the past 3 days I've had a fever, progressively getting lower. No other symptoms really. And honestly, this has delayed my leaving on vacation for a few days and I've felt only relief about that. And I've stayed in bed, husband brought me food, etc.

I wonder if it could be a TMS thing? I've had similar fevers under stress before. Anyone else?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Stress can make it easier to get sick. Probably just a flu or something (it's really mild if you're vaccinated). These bugs go around.

3. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I have had episodes of sickness at the times of high stress, including chills, feeling feverish and fatigued. They usually last 24-36 hours and then disappear as abruptly as they show up.