1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tms diagnosis

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Benny562562, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Benny562562

Benny562562 Peer Supporter

Got call from Dr Schecter yesterday n he confirmed the Tms diagnosis. He said he wanted to see mri to rule out anything structural going on. He said I have a 2-3 mm disc bulge, but that they don't cause back pain,sometimes large ones can cause leg and foot pain,but I don't Have any pain. I even contacted Dr Schubiner like someone suggested and he also believes its Tms. I started Dr Schecters 30 day workbook yesterday as he suggested. Wondering if I should've done the SEP instead? I guess I can do the sep after. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and info recently. I'm still learning all about Tms and I appreciate the support.

2. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Benny,

At least you have an official diagnosis, that's a great start. If I were you, I would just choose one of the programs, if you take on too much work it could be overwhelming and serve no purpose.

I'm not familiar with Dr Schechters work book, but if he's signed you off with TMS, it makes sense to stay aligned with him.

In addition, please sign up to the free mindfulness course in October, it will certainly help you with your journey.

God bless

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
    Benny562562 likes this.
  3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

Great news Benny, Dr Schechter and Schubiner are both ''the real deal'' and can tell you definitively that you have TMS. Now get to work and try to learn as much as you can.

Benny562562 likes this.
  4. Benny562562

Thanks Mike and IrishSceptic..Started Dr Schecters workbook yesterday which is similar to sep. Going to start journaling till my hands hurt. Any advice would be appreciated

mike2014 likes this.
  5. mike2014

Don't over do it, I know you want to get better... but slowly. The amygdala doesn't react well to stress.

JanAtheCPA and Benny562562 like this.
  6. Benny562562

Mike I been going to library and reading the physiological and treatment sections of Hbp and doing the protocol. I spend around 3 hours a day going over material and about 20 minutes journaling. U think this is over doing it? Don't want to make things worse

7. mike2014

Hi Benny, personally, I spend around 1 hour a day, 15 minutes of meditation in the morning, 30 minutes of journalling and 15 minutes of meditation before bed.

I know you are keen and want to get well and are trying to brush up on the knowledge aspect, but don't turn healing into a chore or a full time job.

Just remember to have fun in your day too and enjoy the small things that matter too - see friends, enjoy the nature etc, life's precious. Alot of people say, the more you detach yourself from the feeling of pain, the better you will feel.

Benny562562 likes this.