1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dane, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Dane

Dane Newcomer

Hi all,

I'm really excited about finding this forum. It looks like a great place for support!
    I have some questions that I would be so grateful if somebody could help me with.

My story:

I'm a young man who have been ill for 5 years. Doctors have labelled it CFS. I have found no relief from traditional nor alternative medicine. It started with a month of mononucleosis.

Before mononucleosis, I was completely "normal" and was living a healthy and active life with sports. When I recovered from the classic mono symptoms (after a month or so), I was left with an intense sensation of pressure/a heavy sensation in my head. Along with burning sensations in my body and feeling very ill and exhausted every morning. Everything gets worse when I try to exert myself physically.

I recently read "the divided mind" by Dr. Sarno where he mentions that CFS is a manifestation of TMS. Everything he states about personality types fit for me. It really gave me some much needed hope and motivation. However, I find it difficult as how to begin and where to start.

Questions:
    I guess i'm looking for some reassurance that this could be "it". Would love to hear about others who have had symptoms like mine and overcome them! What did you do? Did you follow a specific program etc.?

Thanks!!

Katy Elise likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Here is an article on CFS and TMS by Dr. Howard Schubiner--one of our best and most dedicated MDs.

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/article-on-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-dr-schubiner.12744/#post-66998 (Article on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Dr. Schubiner)

I was alternatively given the diagnosis of CFS and Fibromyalgia. You can read my story of recovery on my profile page which may be helpful.

You can recover from CFS using TMS healing techniques. Just need patience and persistence. Some find it helpful to work with a TMS therapist or life coach.

Katy Elise, Dane and ssxl4000 like this.
  3. Dane

Dane Newcomer

@Ellen That's great to hear. Thank you very much. I will have a look at your story!