1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS back pain sensation change?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by rmorrisette, Oct 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. rmorrisette

rmorrisette New Member

So I'm doing the homework, finishing up The Divided Mind, and continuing to run like my primary care physician advised me to. I have noticed the pain going away in my low back, and a little bit of a change in the sensation? The soreness is disappearing, and I feel almost like a heat sensation in the general area at the small of my back. But no pain down my leg, no pain in my hip, and I'm not worried about the change, I'm just curious if others have experienced that, and if it's normal and to be expected sometimes as the pain goes away?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Many would call this an extinction burst. The details (such as location or type of sensation) don't matter, just the knowledge that your primitive brain still thinks it needs to distract you and keep you in fear.

3. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

yeah, don't be surprised if the sensations move around or change from burning to tingling or a dull pain. everyone is different. it's a sign you are on the right track. don't worry about it at all.

JanAtheCPA likes this.