1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS Back Pain Returns after 4 Year Hiatus

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by fridaynotes, Mar 29, 2017.

1. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

WOW
    I really thought I had finished with back pain created by TMS.
    After suffering from TMS back pain since my teen years and then discovering the root of it from Sarno's books, I have been essentially back pain free for over 4 years. When I felt a slight pain coming on, I would be able to have it stop very quickly or not come on at all. However, just yesterday I bent down and VOILA my lower back "snapped" and has been in terrible pain ever since. Now, I know nothing actually snapped, and I know this is oxygen that has been taken away from certain muscle areas, but that doesn't seem to help it go away. And no over the counter pain relievers seem to do any good.
    I have had TMS equivalents since learning the routine, but not back issues. So, this feels like a setback. Any good advice out there to help me through this new occurrence?

2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi fridaynotes!

Sorry to hear you had a recurrence! That is quite frustrating. Is your back in spasm? Even if this is from TMS it can be very painful! Luckily you've identified it as TMS (it most certainly is if you didn't have any kind of injury)...take it easy for a few days, it can take a week or 2 to get your back out of spasm. Stay comfortable and remind yourself its just TMS. Do what has worked in the past, gradually get back to activity as you feel better. The more relaxed you are about it, the quicker it will heal!