1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 13 TMS articles

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

What TMS-related book, article, or news story have you found the most helpful in solidifying your belief in the diagnosis?

I did read Steve Ozanich's book about six months ago, and thought it was a very good book. I didn't really heal at the time but it was encouraging to see different quotes of encouragement. I think what I'm gathering the most from TMS related articles is to change your way of thinking. To go from hopelessness to hopeful. From angry and unsatisfied to smiling and contentment. From fearful to brave. From coward to one bad a$$ soldier.

The other book I've read on TMS was Dr John Sarno's The Mind Body Prescription. Most of the terminology was not hard for me to understand except for a few pyschological terms. I think someone with limited biological background can get lost in a lot of the medical terminology.

I'm thinking of reading The Divided Mind by Sarno and see how it rates out. Dr Lisaa Rankin is also a fascinating MD that believes that we can heal from reducing stresses, acknowledging and confronting our fears. If you have not checked her out look her up on youtube and she has a great calming voice.

Three things I'm thankful for today
    1) An evening out with my wife Jessica
    2) The warmer weather today and tomorrow
    3) Jokes

I've started talking about some of journaling topics with my wife and it's opening up deeper conversations with her. We're definitely opposite personalities and we began a biblical devotional study. Those two topics are stirring up the longest conversations we've had since we were first married. She's been happier, and so have I.

Stella and brendan537 like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I've started talking about some of journaling topics with my wife and it's opening up deeper conversations with her. We're definitely opposite personalities and we began a biblical devotional study. Those two topics are stirring up the longest conversations we've had since we were first married. She's been happier, and so have I.

This is wonderful Ryan. A deepening of your life. How wonderful to have this experience, and be able to recognize it, feel it, express it.

Ryan79 likes this.