1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS and Swollen Lymph Nodes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mattbretty, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Mattbretty

Mattbretty New Member

Hi There, so I have a question about swollen lymph nodes and how they correlate to TMS. I'm hoping to find others who have been through similar experiences who can impart some wisdom and affirmation. First a little context:

Some context.
    - Using TMS methodology I have overcome chronic neck pain.
    - I had a year of CFS/ME which I overcame with a combination of diet, supplementation and TMS methodology.

My only remaining issues have to do with the lymph nodes in my neck which have been swollen for around 4-5 (maybe more) months. There are 4 palpable lymph nodes in the front of my neck.

My question is:

Has anyone healed long term swollen lymph nodes with TMS methods?

I believe in the importance of mentality in all chronic disease and pain, but I still hold on to some ideas about why my lymph nodes may be swollen - such as, possible viral component. I don't understand how I can have still have swollen lymph when all other symptoms are gone. I worry that it will be the only thing I will never rid myself of... (This worry may be fueling the tension which is causing them to swell up in the first place.)

I genuinely have a strong belief in the healing capacity of the human body. This belief has fueled my healing from CFS and TMS neck pain. But why does the lymph node swelling persist?

kylehuisman likes this.
  2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

How are you so sure these are lymph nodes? When I feel my neck, I feel all kinds of lumps and weird things that back in the days would get me worried. I would ask a medical doctor to rule out that they are lymph nodes first. He can also check you further in case they are lymph nodes that are unusually large. That said, it wouldn't surprise me that TMS can cause it.

3. Mattbretty

Mattbretty New Member

I had a neck ultrasound at some point this year and it came up clean. But I had discomfort in my throat then as well. At another point I had gone to a chiropractor and he had a feel around my neck and said that he noticed some swelling. I am completely open to the idea that they are not swollen. That would mean that the discomfort I have in my neck is 100% TMS. I will consider getting a doctor to check again.

Lizzy and Gigalos like this.
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

My cousin, a toddler, had a visibly swollen lymph node in his neck. His doctor had an ultrasound done to look at it, as well as for a baseline to monitor it. She said that it looked fine, but watch for changes. She thought it was from a virus he was over and that it could take months to shrink.

So, as Gigalos suggested, get them checked out, but don't worry that they are still swollen. I also agree it could be tms and so there again, no need to worry.
    Lizzy