1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tireness and wanting to go to the bathroom a lot at night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Apr 27, 2023.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hi guys, so basically I feel tired a LOT of the times for some reason, but one of the reasons might be because I do wake up to go to the bathroom a lot. Like recently 3-4 times. While I do go back to sleep, I still wake up and interrupt sleep and might feel tired.

Also, how to deal with tireness? heck if I go to the gym I might feel more tired after so now I even stopped going to the gym.

2. Booble

Booble Well known member

I think tiredness can be a combo platter of TMS, anxiety AND for some of us needing more rest for physical restoration than others. Interrupted sleep schedules can definitely make you more tired. (Be happy you can fall back asleep.)

Note what you said above, "I've even stopped going to the gym."
    Is that a TMS cue?

3. stevow7

hi! well the reason why I stopped going is because it would tire me even more. So I said why go to the gym if I'm practically without energy after?

4. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Going to the gym and engaging in reasonable physical activity is good for you. It sounds like you're still fearing your symptoms.

Frequent urination, tiredness, etc. can all be caused by the mind-body connection - especially given that the autonomic nervous system plays a critical role in all these things.

What are you doing to manage your stress and anxiety?

stevow7 likes this.
  5. Booble

Booble Well known member

Re-read those words.
    They sound like they are straight from the TMS unconscious brain!

6. Booble

Booble Well known member

That autonomic nervous system can be a real bitch, eh?

7. stevow7

I see this could make sense. Except well I didn’t know being stressful or anxious could make me want to pee often. I basically have ocd and I’m taking therapy with actually 2 therapists and a psyquiatrist for it.

8. stevow7

o snap you have a point.

Dorado likes this.
  9. Booble

Booble Well known member

Oh, heck yah on anxiety making you have to pee. I hold my pee forever but the second I have to go into a meeting or do something I immediately have to pee!

Dorado likes this.
  10. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Autonomic regulation of the bladder plays a huge role in urination. And fight-or-flight mode from emotions, AKA autonomic overdrive AKA TMS, can cause interstitial cystitis, an overactive bladder, etc.! It’s all connected.

I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had urine cultures done to check for bacterial infections after I experience frequent urinating, burning, etc. 98% of the time it’s just TMS. The mind truly is powerful!

11. stevow7

I legit felt like something was wrong in my system, like why would I go to the bathroom so many times?! But yeah maybe it's tms.