1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

tiredness getting in the way

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by heleng, Feb 1, 2015.

1. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hey everybody

I haven't posted for a while. I have been feeling much more positive and have had a lot less pain and when I do get it the pain seems to move around at an almost ridiculous speed, sometimes completely migrating to the other side of my body where I have never felt the pain before. I like it when that happens as I see it for what it is, desperation on the part of my subconscious. It makes me smile even though it hurts.

I am having an issue with tiredness at the moment, its been happening off and on for a couple of weeks now. I find a wave of exhaustion hits me often when I am trying to examine things psychologically or when I am reading some of the recommended books for mind body connection. At first I didn't think about it much but now I feel its a form of distraction as if my mind says, no I refuse to let you think differently, here have a yawn and heavy eyelids. The sleepiness doesn't last long but its quite frustrating.

Has anybody else experienced this? I am not scared by it, am more fascinated but would still like it to stop

Many thanks

Helen

mike2014 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Helen. I wouldn't worry about feelings of tiredness when thinking psychologically or reading about TMS.
    I fall asleep reading anything, including TMS books. I just figure that deep thinking makes me sleepy.
    If I read a little late at night, I feel sleepy and go to bed. It helps me to fall asleep.

Reading has always been kind of a tranquilizer to me. I welcome it.

heleng likes this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Heleng,

Good to see you improving, I can tell in your posts above you have come a long way.

Chronic fatigue is another manifestation of tms. Although being tired every now and then is normal when working on emotional stuff. Your body and mind are changing. I wouldn't give it to much attention, just keep chugging along, goodluck.

Ryan

heleng likes this.
  4. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hi Walt

Thanks, I can usually read for hours and I find I can still do that except with TMS books, they have an affect on me that I am sort of suspicious of almost....I think I have realised how subtle the subconscious is at trying to distract me and I feel this is another little game it is playing with me. That subconscious of mine is a sneaky so and so....but I see it as all good signs that change is occurring.

5. heleng

heleng Peer Supporter

Hi Ryan

Thanks for your message. I am not tired all the time just when I read about TMS...but thinking about it I am sleeping better in general and on days when I dont need to get up early I am sleeping later. I think you are right, things are changing. I have been really plagued with insomnia most of my life and I now find falling asleep and staying asleep much easier.

I am at the point where when I notice something I am pleased but then I try not to analyse it too much....which I guess by making this post means I still like to over analyse...oops :)