1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Tingling pressure in face. Now burning & pelvic pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by redrobin, Jun 18, 2016.

1. redrobin

redrobin Newcomer

i have had face pressure (bi lateral) 1 1/2 year and bladder/pelvic pain (1 year) I have been working through TMS but I have become worse. Burning pain I scalp & face. Had anyone had facial symptoms? I have come to accept its TMS but it has gone much worse & tonight it feels like my upper body is burning. It has been a hard 1 1/2 yeads

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Hi Redrobin,

I have the bilateral face pressure/pain that you mentioned in your post. I do believe it is TMS. I have had it for about 3 years and thought it was probably a mindbody problem before I knew anything about TMS. I did discuss it with my doctor and she put me on a medication, Gabapentin, which did help most of the time. Once I learned about TMS I decided to taper from the medication and I am now almost off of it and the pain has not intensified which makes me confident that it is TMS and that eventually I will be completely off the medication and the face pressure will be gone. I am working on some other TMS issues at the same time so cannot completely separate them but I seem to be doing better in all areas. I have read in other posts that the pain sometimes gets worse before it gets better and have also read that the pain moves around.

Just to be sure, I would suggest that you discuss all of your issues with your doctor if you haven't done so. If you can see a TMS doctor that would be great.

3. redrobin

redrobin Newcomer

I have had an MRI & been told the trigeminal nerve is fine but bilateral face pain can't be that. I was told it was from clenching. Now I have burning in my scalp & face is awful. I think it is TMS. Medical doctors just don't have anything to say about bilateral face sensations. It has been relentless I had hoped it was TMS. It doesn't make sense.

4. Jacqui9

Jacqui9 Peer Supporter

Redrobin,

I understand when you say your face pain is relentless. It was all I could think about when I first got it. My guess is it is probably TMS. I don't know why but sometimes it takes longer for some to heal from TMS than others. My progress has been slow but steady. I try to read about TMS or do the SEP for an hour are so each day and I think that helps. Also, when I am feeling it I tell myself it is TMS and will eventually go away. I don't know if you can distract yourself from it. When I first had it I could not. I spent too many hours on the Internet trying to figure out what it was and if there was a treatment for it. Now most of the time I can ignore it.

I am not clenching so I know mine could not be from that.

I can tell you I understand because I had a very difficult time with it when I first got it. I'm hoping working more with TMS will help you get rid of the pain.