1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 22 Time To Bear Down

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sean, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Sean

Sean New Member

Today it struck me that it is time to bear down, accept fully the TMS, sort triggers/emotions into manageable 'clusters' and begin dealing with them in a consistent, committed manner. Might sound clinical but I think I find it overwhelming otherwise. I think we all have a baseline...stay even or below we cope without TMS, rise above and TMS...:pompous:

2. Janine28

Janine28 Peer Supporter

Sean, sounds like you are finding what works well for you. I also relate to the need to deal in manageable chunks. I've been learning how to be both gentle with myself (self compassionate) and firm through accepting TMS and doing the work of steadily facing challenging emotions. Take care!

3. Sean

Sean New Member

Thank

4. Sean

Sean New Member

You

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Sean. The secrets for me to heal from severe back pain that was TMS from my emotions was to journal about them in the SEProgram and believe 100 percent that the pain was from my emotions and not structural. I learned through journaling that I had been repressing anger since my boyhood when my parents divorced. I thought about it as an adult and realized they had emotional stress too, mostly financial, and was able to forgive them. That helped me to heal.

Janine28 likes this.