1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Time for life to start again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by livelaugh306, Jan 9, 2016.

1. livelaugh306

livelaugh306 New Member

Life without TMS means 'hope'. It's been 7 years of life altering pain, where I have been in a chronic cycle of despair. Pain forced me to give up the things I love doing. Missing out on those endorphins has made me sad and angry. That sadness fuels my pain. And on and on the cycle goes.

There have been countless times where I suspected that stress was causing my pain, but what threw me off was the presence of actual inflammation and physical changes to my body and the confirmation of injuries upon medical imaging. I am at around 75% belief that those injuries are being caused by muscle spasms which are being caused by my mind. Will I have to see a pain reduction to get to 100% certainty?

Life without TMS means I can get back to the things I enjoy doing. I will be active again. I will be social. I will be a good role model. I will have my self confidence back. I will be able to work again. I can stop obsessing over my posture, sleep position, supplements, movement. My relationships will improve. I will sleep, have energy, and feel at peace. I can share this treatment with the many people I know who are also in pain. I can help others again. I can enjoy life again and start living rather than just existing.

I am excited, let's get this journey started.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

HI, livelaugh. You are in the right place for your pains healing. Welcome to the TMS community.

You ask if you have to see a pain reduction to get to 100 percent certainty that the pains are TMS from repressed emotions. The answer is what I found out in my own healing from severe back pain. I withheld about 10 percent belief that it was structural, and didn't heal totally until I began believing in TMS 100 percent. That is what Dr. Sarno and others say. It may not be easy, but try to do it. A positive mantra helps, something like "My pain is psychological, not strutural." Keep posting about your progress in the SEProgram. You are going to heal!

3. livelaugh306

livelaugh306 New Member

Well, it only took 24 hours but after doing some more reading on this site I think I am at 100% conviction now. I haven't even read Dr. Sarno's book yet! Thank you for the mantra suggestion Walt. I have added some expletives for maximum emphasis :)