1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Throat and hoarse voice

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by whofeelslove, Nov 21, 2017.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

I just thought I’d give you an update on things physical and all that jazz lol.
    My numbness and pain have subsided and I was very happy about that, but in its place about 3 weeks ago I contracted laryngitis. This wasn’t so bad in the beginning and my voice became extremely hoarse and my vocal chords hurt though it wasn’t difficult to swallow. Fast forwards 3 weeks my voice is still horse and I checked in with an ENT last week who said I had inflammation and gave me a course of codeine cough mixture to help me rid myself of the persistent dry cough keeping me awake at night.
    I believe I have nasal drip caused by GERD or acid reflux because I feel it running in the back of my throat. At this point my voice is very hoarse and I fear vocal damage or worse in my throat and I feel the left side of my neck hurts., I’m starting to panic a little and fear if I go back for an endoscopy I will enforce the physical diagnoses. I’m just now starting to believe it is Mind/body but at the same time I’m not sure of my course of action next..any advice would be gratefully accepted.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

We still say that if you're unsure, get yourself checked out. There's no reason this can't be TMS, because TMS takes as many forms as there are possible physiological conditions in our bodies. However we can't say for sure, so see the doc if you want to be sure.

If they can't find anything wrong, you'll eventually get tired of doing this and you'll reach a point when you decide on your own to treat it as TMS right from the start!

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. Kira

Kira New Member

How are your throat and voice symptoms at this point? I’ve found some success stories with these ailments if that helps you any!