1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Thoughts on SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ClareW, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ClareW

ClareW Newcomer

Well, here I am at Day 8 (those of you who are observant will notice that I have missed a day or two - bad ;)).

The pain has been at a reasonable level since I started the SEP, but it comes and goes anyway, so I can't really draw any conclusions yet. I'm certainly not complaining.

I do feel a bit silly journaling, I suppose that at the back of my mind is the thought that someone else will find it and read it - I will persevere anyway. It's been difficult to choose disturbing incidents from my life because there have been so many of them, in fact a lot of my childhood was traumatic in some way :(

Finding out about TMS fitted in perfectly with my own thoughts on the causes of my pain, with the doctors finding nothing physically wrong with me, pain improving when I go away from home, pain completely disappearing whenever we had a 'heatwave' (I REALLY love my sunshine - nothing makes me happier).

I'd better get back to the program!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Claire,
    You already have so much evidence that TMS is the cause of your symptoms. Your childhood, symptoms stop and start, change with outer conditions, doctors can't find a reason. Keep your mind on that TMS is the cause of your symptoms and be patient. You are doing the education cure!
    Andy

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Claire. No problem to miss a day or more on the SEP.
    No one is holding a clock on you progress unless maybe you are.
    Take it day at a time as it feels comfortable or fits into your daily schedule.

And don't spend more than an hour each day on the task it asks. Spend all the rest of the day
    on just going about your life and trying to put some fun into it.

4. Christine

Christine New Member

I felt the same way about the privacy of my feelings and putting them down on paper. I carry my journal with me in my purse at all times.
    Good luck