1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 30 This program benefits more than just me , it Impacts the ones closest to us.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Saoirse, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Well this is a good point to ponder today. When you have TMS you become self obsessed and self absorbed, its not soething we like to see or admit but in most cases its true. How can it not we are trapped in this body and mind that we feel is betraying us and we have somehow along the way lost control of our own life. This changes us in more ways than just physical and abilities it can eat up our confidence and joy and leave us in a dark place where we force ourselves daily to perform in the role of our lives - to behave normally in work or around friends. But when we get home we can relax and all the shit of the day hits us and then how we are truly feeling is allowed surface; we are home. The husbands, partners, children , mothers , brothers whoever you rely on and is your support system does also bear the brunt of this insidious disorder , your bad days are their bad days your pain their pain your sadness their sadness and your despair is also theirs. Therefore the hope and positive outlook that this program brings changes everyone in your inner circles life . I know my husband is my all has been since I started dating him at 16 and he has suffered every ache with me and every sleepless night his hands ties unable to change the life I was living but helping and making each day bright by being there. My attitue has changed ,I dont moan and sing a song of no hope and darkness I now talk of "When " I am free of TMS and how it is teaching me , my journey with Conor and TMS is different and the destination is a new life.Conor is seeing changes in me simple things like lifting the coal bucket in, lifting the dog into the jeep!!! carrying the hoover up the stairs ignoring the pain and smiling into it.There are days I am in such pain but I dont make the day about the pain and lament it, I just do what I can and try not to dramatize it knowing that is the way to kick its ass. It is far from over this road we are on but it is a more scenic route and we are no going in circles we have a target. He is brighter and my days being better means his day is . I never underestimate my impact on my husband and I am going through this difficult brave time because of both of us we deserve the resolution of this condition and I will get it.

JanAtheCPA, AC45 and Ellen like this.
  2. AC45

AC45 Well known member

I love this story and I do believe TMS healing not only helps us but it helps those around us as well. As we become more authentic, so do our relationships.

Saoirse and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes!

Reading your posts Saoirse, I see your awareness and self-compassion, understanding for your life. This growth, your growth is a gift to every one around you too!

4. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

OMG Andy B you nearly made me cry your words touched me so much, I never though of myself as either of your beautiful compliments, I must be on the right track . Your words have great power;thank you.

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

You are welcome, Saoirse. This is what I see. It is funny how we seem to play "hide and seek" with our true nature, not really appreciating fully who we are...:)