1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 This is working

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TooTallTom, Mar 11, 2016.

1. TooTallTom

TooTallTom New Member

Skipped a day as had no internet because I had the day off work and decided to start decorating the living room. Spent 8 hours stripping wallpaper, sanding and generally working hard. My back starting complaining on a few occasions but with some focussed thinking it subsided to just a general ache from hard work rather than full blown spasm. Really optimistic now that this is going to change my life. I appreciate there will probably be ups and downs to come, and still lots of hard work mentally getting to the bottom of everything, but this is working and I'm going to put 100% in to make it happen. Thanks Dr Sarno and thanks TMS Wiki.

Stella likes this.
  2. ashoo79

ashoo79 New Member

Hang in there. Hold it tight you will rediscover your own self. Keep in mind everyday it's going to be a different day with probably new symptoms or old symptoms pouring out. Make sure do not let your self down. One thing I have noticed when I started this program I was pretty much confident that I will heal within a week if I follow but I was wrong I am still struggling it takes full effort lots of patience and lots of courage to dig within your self. Good luck and hope in a boat.

Stella likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi. Tom. It's really great that you worked so hard and long on decorating and stripping wallpaper and sanding. Those are no-fun jobs. Mind over matter got you through them. You're bound to hurt a little because you were using muscles you probably have not used much before. And doesn't it feel great to have accomplished so much? I'm 85 and gave up on wallpaper years ago. Paint is easier. Sometimes I've even hung wood paneling (glued to the wall) for wainscotting in my kitchen. That gives a country kitchen look.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This kind of being tired from exercise is very precious to TMS sufferers!! The normal ache of doing a lot!! Wonderful report. Thank you.

5. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Congrats on your success, Tom!

6. TooTallTom

TooTallTom New Member

Thanks for your support everyone, the positive messages really help reinforce the program.