1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 2 This is going to be more difficult than I thought!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

I just read all of the day 2 information, and it made me realise that there is quite a lot to TMS. Part of me was hoping for some magical quick fix cure. However it seems that you need to put some time aside and really get to the bottom of what is bothering you deep down, and what repressed emotions you have.

I am going to give this a proper go, as I am fed up of being in pain most of the time.

I have got a couple of TMS books, and read them. To be honest I didn't take them all in. I think I need to reread them and make some notes. I think it's easy to get overwhelmed with information, or at least it is for me.

I am grateful this website and users exists - thanks!

2. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Hi Bob, welcome to your first steps into healing. You are on the right track with getting to the bottom of repressed emotions.
    I would suggest to pick one or two Sarno books and re-read them. With that start one program I suggest the SEP program (as you did). Once you understand the concept and accept 100% that is it TMS start exploring further.
    Goodluck in your journey.

3. Aziz

Aziz Peer Supporter

Haha, I hear you Bob.

It's like starting off on a walk, thinking it's a little stroll in the woods, and then realizing it's a long trek. You need mountain climbing gear and headlamps for exploring caves. What kind of stroll is this???

I've uncovered so many things about my childhood and personality that I never knew. Very painful at times, but I remind myself, "I'd rather feel this emotional pain in my heart (and heal it) then perpetual pain in my back, butt, legs, neck, feet, wrists" (my TMS likes to move around : )

4. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Thanks for both your replies. I thought it would be easier getting to my repressed emotions and what caused them, but it's not. I really have to think hard. It feels like somethings are so buried that is really difficult getting to them. The problem with repressing things is that the more you repress something, the harder it is to get to. Well that's what it feels like.

5. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

One thing that helped me is doing it at home when no one is around. Because sometimes flood gates open and you will cry like you have never before. I feel uncomfortable letting anyone see me in that state. I'm able to talk about it with my husband later and I still tear up, but nothing like the raw, uninhibited emotions that flow out during journaling.

Other than that, keep at it. It will help. All the best :)