1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

This is classic TMS right?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Skeleton Bob, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

My lower back keeps getting really stiff and painful when I am at work. I will get it standing or sitting (especially without back support). However when I'm not at work it's fine!

I sat without back support at a bar the other day for hours, and my back was absolutely fine. I can stand at home for hours and my back is fine. However if I do the same at work, then my back is so stiff and painful. This must be classic TMS right? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, I just would like someones opinion! Or has anyone experienced anything like this?

I have seen a chiropractor in the past and he did say I had a very tight back. I have never really had any success with chiropractors though. I am thinking of going back, but from what I have read about TMS chiropractors aren't the solution! Does anyone else agree?

Thanks.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, you have a classic TMS symptom. Chiropractors will not help you. Inquire into what your thoughts and feelings are about your job, and address these psychological issues.

Best wishes to you......

3. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

Thanks! I need to stop thinking physical and start thinking emotional! I am so used to thinking there must be something physically wrong. I am starting to think there must be something deep down bothering me. It's difficult to get out a bad habit.

I think seeing a chiropractor is a knee jerk reaction. My last chiropractor just made me angry! He charged a lot of money, didn't listen to what I was saying, ignored me, persuaded me to have xrays when I didn't want them and had bad time keeping.

4. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

I’m thinking your personality type could suggest TMS is at work here. ;)