1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking clean day 17

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kimaya, Jul 14, 2018.

1. kimaya

kimaya Peer Supporter

On day 17 of thinking clean article there were few things mentioned to keep asking yourself throughout the day like what are you feeling and what are you worried about but to be honest the answer to all the above questions throughout the day for me would be related to my symptoms because that’s the only thing Iam chronically worried about

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

kimaya, that's exactly what your fearful brain WANTS you to concentrate on. I mentioned before that your fearful brain is totally in control of what you think about and obsess about, all day long - and so far, it's keeping you in a very shallow area of emotions.

Fear over symptoms is right there at the top. If you are only writing about your symptoms, you are definitely not going deep enough. Your brain is doing a great job of keeping you from going deeper to find the dangerous negative emotions that are really causing you hidden grief and rage.

I would start with your feelings about your family - your parents, possibly siblings if you have them. If your brain tries to tell you not to write them down, you have to fight against that message, and write those things down anyway.

I recommend using paper, not your computer, by the way.

~Jan