1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Thinking away from the mind.....

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Apr 12, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

So recently I have been trying to think into the body and find the lost emotions. It is quite difficult to explain and do but I have had some results. When I look within the body occasionally I get a good feeling about myself I feel at peace and at ease but it is hard to maintain. I'm not sure if it me connecting with my emotions or I am just getting to a sleepy state and feeling really relaxed, whatever it is it feels good.

Just thought I would share and see what peoples thoughts are,

thanks,
    Lee.

2. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

Hey Lee

Apologies for hijacking the thread but just wondered if you got to see Matt Kinal?

3. allinthemind

Yeah met him on the 24th March. He checked me over and concluded that it was TMS based pain. He gave me a few things to think about and apply. He
    Wanted to book another appointment 2 weeks later but can't get to Bristol that soon so probably will be a few more weeks before I see him again.

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Hi Lee. I don't have experience with what you're describing. However, my first reaction was that wow! You really have to be in tune with your body and spirit to be able to do that. I'm impressed.
    Second, you're having success. So what's not to like?
    Can you describe your process? I'm intrigued.

5. allinthemind

sorry for the reply Gigi, was waiting to experience it a bit more so I could write more about it, then I ended up totally forgetting.
    I've been meditating now daily for about 2 weeks. I either use 'Headspace' app or guided meditation on youtube.

I've started listening to youtube before bed, there is a 10 mins guided med on connecting to your higher self. Where you ask your higher self for help, when I feel connected I get a bit of a rush and feel very calm and relaxed but struggle to maintain that for more than a few seconds. Hopefully the more I practice the more I can make the feeling last, lastnight I listened to a meditation on healing and I had a much better night's sleep, for once.

6. Avy

Avy New Member

I also sometimes would feel some sort of buzzing sensation all over my body while listening to guided meditation but didn't know what it could mean. Sometimes I would just start to cry. Don't know if it helps me but I do feel better after that :)

7. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lee. What you describe sounds a lot like you are sensing into your body which is what I learned to do with my somatic experiencing therapist. It is great! Every time I said I felt something, she would ask how I knew that I felt it. Then I would need to sense into what was going on in my body in order to figure out how I knew. As far as maintaining the good feeling of peace, this will grow. I started with a few moments, but just knowing that I could have a few good moments, brought me comfort and hope. Nurture that feeling and it will grow. Instead of focusing on it not lasting, think about how wonderful it is that you have those moments, and have confidence that they will come more frequently and will last longer. At some point, feeling good will seem totally normal.