1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Things that make pain worst

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by gaby1511, Nov 5, 2015.

1. gaby1511

gaby1511 Peer Supporter

What can i di if a have some things that make pain worst?? For me is have sex. I m telling me i m ok i dont have anithing wrong, what more can i do?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

That is a good start Gaby, to tell yourself that there is nothing wrong.

Some folks see that TMS attempts to "take away" what is most important to them. In your case, sex is pretty fun probably, and so the TMS is really challenging this activity. So you might gently inquire into this, that it is a great distraction, this TMS, because it is taking the fun away from something important to you.

Good luck and be patient as possible with the process you are undertaking here with the SEP.

Andy B.

gaby1511 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Gaby. Your name is normally feminine so I assume you are a girl or an adult female.

You might ask yourself why you think having sex is giving you pain. Do you think you are doing anything immoral or illegal?

You may not want to reply and that is okay. Just don't let believing sex causes pain become a conditioned response.

You are on the right track if you don't think your pain is from having sex. Hey, chocolate, sex, and dogs... three of our favorite things.

gaby1511 likes this.