1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Things that make me angry or sad

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BettyJean, Aug 25, 2016.

1. BettyJean

BettyJean New Member

Three things that make me feel angry are:

So much computer technical stuff to deal with before I can do the writing that fulfills my calling
    My own sabatoge and all that caused it throughout my life.
    People whose advice that is bad for me that stays in my head

Three things that make me feel sad are:

My husband will die
    I will die
    The world is a mess and I can't fix it.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Betty Jean. Dr. Sarno says mortality is a common cause of TMS. I'm 86 and know the feeling. I just try to take one day at a time. Live in the present.

I agree that the world is a mess and we can't fix it. I stopped watching tv news and felt better, then started watching again and felt the same frustrations as before. A few days ago, I again stopped watching the news on tv or radio or the computer and have been feeling better. I sleep better, too. My mind kept racing with thoughts because of all the news I put into it.

It's not that I've dropped out of knowing about what's going on. It's just that I know I was a happier person before the computer and television and the Internet. But I'm a writer and need to work on the computer and the Internet. I try to filter out the bad stuff and think positive.

Most movies and television shows are stupid, sick, and mindless, just full of violence and sex. I avoid almost all of that ande when I watch movies I prefer the old ones on Turner Classic Movies or stations that show old westerns (maybe because I like watching the scenery in them).

When I think of my mortality, I've begun thinking: no more bills; no more terrorism. There are some very good videos on Youtube about dying and the after-life. I also think about all the people who were faithful and believed that the best is yet to come.

Meanwhile, as my brother said before dying, "It was fun while it lasted."

Have as much fun as you can, and don't forget to laugh a lot. Laughing sends healing endorphins to our mind and body.

3. BettyJean

BettyJean New Member

Thanks Walt. I don't watch much news either. I try to spend at least an hour a day in prayer and Bible study and journaling about the verses. Lately, with the dizziness and vertigo and fatigue, most of that time is spent just staring at a single Bible verse and/or falling asleep.

I had vertigo occasionally for the past 4 or 5 years, and other types of emotional symptoms (such as hives) for many years, but only one episode of all day dizziness (which stopped after my prayer group prayed for me) until last September, after my husband got diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer. (He has responded extremely well to treatment, but the PSA is starting to rise again.) Now I have had 4 episodes of this in the last year, each time lasting several weeks, with vertigo (spinning) when turning in bed and all day general dizziness and fatigue.)

I read in some thread: PPDS (Psycho-Phsiological Dizziness Syndrome) is caused by a combination of perception (perception of threat), hyper vigilance (selective attention to perceived threat) and autonomic arousal (the body’s biological response to perceived threat). So it is all about fear.

As to being sad about dying...a few weeks ago I was MAD about dying, now it is just sad. I think its because I have so much yet I want to do and share with the world. Since you are a writer, you can probably relate to that.

Lavender likes this.