1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 Things I am proud of

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Sissiliz, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Sissiliz

Sissiliz New Member

I made most practical progress in the first 7/10 days. Resumed physical activity, got rid of sitting cushions, started sitting for long periods, tried driving, started reducing opioids, resumed meeting friends with joy.
    Then I got to a sort of plateau when it seemed I made no more progress, pain got stronger, and I felt no longer happy as I was in the beginning.
    I then made some emotional progress. This week I was able to connect to my inner child, to identify a few things that are stressing me a lot, to cry and feel what I wrote. I am getting aware of many things about my childhood, my parents, my relationships and myself I was not aware of. And this I am proud of, because it's a much harder work for me than getting back to the gym. It's a long journey still, I know. But I hope I will get there. ❤️

ChronicVince, MisterWoo, Ryan and 3 others like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey @Sissiliz, that is terrific. Discoveries like that are key to finding the equanimity and peace that is the foundation of so much TMS healing...

Cap'n Spanky likes this.