1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Things I am proud of doing day 19

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Saoirse, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Well I missed a few days over Christmas with working mad hours and exhaustion but my TMS mantra etc was still in my head. What I am proud of is a hard one as I am always seeing the things I do badly at or don't achieve as I should I have not felt proud a lots lately, well not in me anyway.
    I am proud of a few things , that I did not stop this program when my bad pain seriously escalated and the symptoms just retaliated to me doing this course. I was initially terrified as I thought mt bolts in L4&L5 were in trouble but then a recognized my anxiety and IBS and knew it was TMS trying to impose its strategy on me of fear and worry. So I took a deep breath and kept going , when I take my break through meds I now say " I know I am ok but the pain is TMS mild O2 deprivation which causes the pain so I am taking the pain pills to allow me to work but I am on to you."Even now my bolts and back is painful and its jumping around in a secondary pain so I pat myself on the back and tell it I have it well and truly worried cause its bringing out the big guns and that makes me feel proud because I am doing this I am taking back control.
    Doing the daily program is something I am proud of and the fact that I am seeing a therapists and facing my issues and childhood drama's and my mental anguish that a big deal . It so much easier to avoid in the short term and not go to the uncomfortable places that make you dark and small but it has to be done to go through it rather than hide. So I am proud ,of the support my husband gives me ; he makes the dinner so I can go up to do TMS on work nights and is so supportive and that makes such a difference .I have crap days when I struggle to move I am so stiff and sore but I just put one foot in front of the other ,its really hard and I am starting to make decisions for me ,whats best for me which is a whole new side of life I am trying out and I am learning to say no!! . This is the journey of a lifetime , or a journey that " a Lifeline"

OnTheRoad likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Saoirse. Your post is very positive, and it comes from doing all the right things to heal. I love when you say TMS is not only the journey of a lifetime, it is a Lifeline. Your strength and courage, with a total belief in TMS, will heal you. It's so good that your husband is so supportive. Bless you both.

3. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Peer Supporter

Dear Saorise, big props for your pride! Good on ya! I like your posts, I am learning from them, and I love that, "Journey of a Lifeline", right on! This morning I realized that all the stiffness and numbness in my legs and pain in my glutes is TMS "protecting" me from feeling. Getting in touch with all that unresolved stuff from the past and telling myself it's okay to feel every emotion that comes up is what's helping me. You set a great example for me, thank you!

Saoirse likes this.