1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 34 There is no spoon.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Skeleton Bob, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Skeleton Bob

Skeleton Bob New Member

I hope this is alright to post here!

I'm not sure how many of you of seen the film, The Matrix. There is a line in the film

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only realize the truth... THERE IS NO SPOON. Then you will see that it not the spoon that bends, it is yourself."

I would link a video to YouTube, but I don't know how to, or if I'm allowed!

It has just hit me how relevant this is to TMS! There is no actual physical pain i.e. a Spoon that doesn't exist. You can't cure your pain physically with exercises, stretches, surgery etc. That isn't how it works. You need to realise that your pain is coming from repressed emotions/anger, and not physically. Once you accept this, and deal with your repressed emotions/anger you will cure the pain. There is no physical pain, only a belief that there is physical pain. There is no physical reason for the pain, it's just your brain distracting you from the real emotional things you are repressing.

I used to let my back pain drive me mad, and I'd try stretching and exercises to make it better. I think this just made my pain worse, as I was just focusing on my pain more. Now I'm just trying to accept and not let it bother me as much.

I hope this doesn't sound like complete madness, if you have seen the Matrix, hopefully it makes sense.

Unfortunately my pain hasn't magically disappeared, but I feel a bit more at peace with it.

Today my pain has a bit all over the place. It's been hurting when I think about, but when I'm distracted it's a lot better. I have even been saying to myself in my head there is no spoon, and it has kind of been helping.

Exxes, Lizzy and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

I love this! There is no spoon!!! Exactly!

3. Exxes

Exxes New Member

There is no spoon.