1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Therapist in Cleveland, Ohio Area?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jasonkraus, Sep 19, 2013.

1. jasonkraus

jasonkraus New Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a good therapist in the cleveland ohio area that has experience with TMS / MBS. I have been doing TMS for about 5 weeks now and was getting a bit better, but have started to regress in the last 2 weeks. My case is pretty severe where I am very limited in what I can do and I am in constant pain. I have two little boys that are relying on me to get better and I will do anything to fight this. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. tarala

tarala Well known member

Hi Jason,

Have you found the list of practitioners on the main website? Maybe there is someone near you. Also, a lot of us use therapists via skype. Not perfect, but useful. Also, I don't think the percentage of people who just go straight forward in their healing is very big. We mostly go forward, slip back a bit, go forward ...

It is very hard when little ones are relying on you. My TMS was at its worst when I too had small children. For me that was part of the problem. As someone who didn't get much emotional care as a child, I found being responsible for the well being of helpless little ones pretty scary. But while I think what I felt was rage from the pressure of responsibility and the lack of freedom, it just stuck inside since it wasn't "nice." Like a pressure cooker!

Good luck, there is a lot of help here and people who understand and care very much.
    Terry

Ellen likes this.
  3. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Where are you Jason? I'm about an hour from east Cleveland.

As you begin to understand TMS, and what it will take for you to heal, you will never say "fight this" again. It stops the healing process. It's more of a "learn to flow" process. It's a change of life, not a healing process.

I was at my worst when my kids were little too. There's a lot going on there, plus I'm sure quite a bit more in your personal life.

Let me know if you find someone. Dr. Zafirides is the only Buckeye I know of who gets it. Hang in there, healing will come, there's a lot to learn first.
    Steve

4. Becca

Becca Well known member

Jason, just in case you haven't found the list of practitioners Terry is talking about, here it is: http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist

Like Terry mentioned, there are a number of therapists who use Skype or do phone sessions. It may not be ideal, but it's definitely an option.

Hang in there..