1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Therapeutic healing love by a dog

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by quasar731, Jun 8, 2012.

1. quasar731

quasar731 Well known member

For all of you TMSers who love dogs, this is a wonderful set of pictures and story.
    Two years ago, at a Russian Zoo, a chimpanzee died leaving her baby orphaned. When one of the zoo employees took the baby home to care for it she never imagined that her Mastiff would adopt him and treat him as one of her puppies. Check out the photos below.
    http://chippep.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/chimp.html

Have a refreshing and restoring weekend!

2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

3. quasar731

Yeah...I also went awwwwww!:) extremely cute!

4. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Awesome! Animals find their way. We humans could learn so much from them. I have a male German Shepherd friend who really wanted a puppy! Long story, but when we finally got him one (he chose) - he was the best "mother" I've ever seen! He raised that pup, groomed him at night, and now they have been "life brothers" for over 10 years. Amazing experience!

BG

5. quasar731

Awwwwwww:) what a gorgeous story BG! I adore dogs, there is something godly about them. Well for start, the name 'dog' is God backwards;)

Have a good one!

6. veronica73

Quasar, I love the new avatar with both of your fur kids :)

7. Beach-Girl

Ditto that Veronica!

8. quasar731

Thank you Veronica:) . They are my darling girls. In fact they are my grandchildren since they are my daughter's children ;).I can assure you they are treated like people too. I love their coats, my daughter just bought them because it is very cold where they live in the mountains (Hinterlands) of the Sunshine Coast of Queensland.

Kharma and Chaya are so kind and loving even though they may look a bit intimidating to some people. As you can see Chaya is now a full grown up young lady (the one on the right with the mugger mask). I had three of her pictures as Avatars in this website since she was a month old, 4 months old and now nearly 4 years old. I attached a picture of baby Chaya when she was only 2 hours old. To show her actual size my daughter put a toothbrush for comparison. She looks oh sooo cute!!

Her mommy is Kharma, just beside her. Kharma is so intelligent. She does a kind of talk, she tries to say words the dear thing, she can't make it but you can see the effort that she makes to communicate with sounds totally different to the run of the mill barking.

Have a great day!

Attached Files:

9. veronica73

My mom calls my dogs her granddogs :)

One of my dogs makes talking sounds too.

Little Chaya is so precious...this is totally making me want to get a third dog :)

Beach-Girl likes this.
  10. quasar731

Oh I like the idea of granddogs!!! thank you they are indeed!

Isn't she cuuuute? She was (and still is) an adorable thing. That 'mugger mask' makes her special. Dear Kharma her mom nearly died during labor. Chaya was the only pup. So imagine she became very special to my daughter and son in law. Kharma had to be taken to the Vet because she was loosing temperature while in labor. By the time they got her to the Vet, they had to put her under, did a caesarian section and advised my daughter that possibly mom and pup would die. Thank God none of that happen, Chaya came out fighting, Kharma survived internal bleeding.

The name Chaya (in Hebrew) means 'living'. My daughter wanted to find a name that suited her and that name was very much who she is. Because Chaya was the only pup, she grew up spoiled, had to learn limits that generally pups learn from their siblings. Chaya did not have to fight for the 'milk bar', she had the whole of her mom's milk bar for herself. Today Chaya is still a pup in her behavior. Look at the picture of Kharma and her and you can tell the playfulness, the difference in attentiveness. My daughter thinks Chaya has ADD. She loves jumping and sitting on the lap of people. Well, that can't be because she is 38 kgs of muscle and bones!:confused: When she is around me, she becomes very peaceful and relaxed, it is almost as if my touch sends her into trance.

The sad thing about Australian Bulldogs is that they do not live more than 10 years. Kharma (the darling of my son in law) is already 8 years old. We are hoping and praying that she will live at least until 12 years old. I do not want to think the grief that my son in law will endure when she leaves us:(. Kharma is so sweet, you can see it in her darling intelligent face. Anyway, this is just a little story of these two beautiful sentient beings.

Have a great healthy day!

11. Beach-Girl

This one I can give some feedback on. Enjoy them while you can. Don't bring the future into it, she will stay as long as her body will allow. I work with animals readying for spirit, or in spirit, and I know one thing is for sure: they live in the moment. (Like we're supposed to) and have a hard concept of time, which man created. To them the old joke applies. Ask a dog what time it is? The answer is always "now".

I have many clients who cling to the lives of their animals and "how long they have left." It upsets the dog as they are just as happy with their human family as you are with them. Unlike us, they know where they're going and what awaits them. I'm not sure why this is, but have never met an animal that didn't know about "returning home".

Of course I'd love to see dear Kharma live to be 14 or 18 years old! It happens!

I guess the message is one we give each other every day - "live in the moment". So hard to do, but when we live like a dog, we "love unconditionally, live in the moment, and play, play, play."

The planet could learn a lot more from dogs and their ways of life. Not saying you don't - just giving out a little knowledge I've gained over many years as a professional animal communicator.

Sending love and light to Kharma - and you too dear quasar.

BG

JanAtheCPA and quasar731 like this.
  12. quasar731

What a beautiful reflection, so full of hope and grace. Many thanks BG, I can do with that kind of mindset today and always. I will certainly share your thoughts with my daughter and son in law at some point (if you do not mind) about Kharma and Chaya's beautiful hope of life for here and beyond. What you just said is so wonderful, to know about 'returning home' oh how hopeful, how wonderful. This was a message from 'the light'. Compared to animals, especially dogs, we seem so unenlightened sometimes. Many thanks again!

Love, peace and health to you,

13. veronica73

I always saw my dogs are on loan from the Universe :) And a lot of bullie breeds can live just as long as any other breed if they're well cared for.

14. quasar731

Yes, they are real gifts. May your words be reality!:)