1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Worst Bullies

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

[​IMG]

There is nothing worse than a treacherous, backstabbing double-talker running you down. It is hard to believe it when we have been treated with such disloyalty. Betrayal by those we trust can send us boiling into a panic of anxiety and pain. Just imagine a close dear friend or relative talking behind your back and whispering about your failures; prognosticating your doom and undermining your best efforts to lift yourself up. This bully is well informed and knows all of your past mistakes, and knows how to use those mistakes against you. A two-faced bully with a fake smile, concealing a tongue like a switch-blade knife. A pure snake. Even worse, what do you do when the double-crossing traitor is a very close relative; so closely related, that in fact, the betrayer — is you? That's right you; the voice in your head whispering that, "you aren't good enough; you don't deserve it and you can't!" Maybe the self-inflicted battering is a more subtle, "what will people think, or I don't want to disappoint…", or a clever "helpful" bump to just "try later, there's always tomorrow." Then there is the foulest pummeling; a total beat-down of "You're fat. You're stupid. You're a looser. I hate you! I wish I were dead!"

Maybe you never considered yourself a bully, a batterer or an abuser before, but maybe you are — to yourself. The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts. Being overly critical of yourself is like having a relentless, inescapable bully who follows you everywhere you go and abuses you. The worst part about this type of bully is that you can't get rid of them, because it's you. You have to reach out to this bully and make peace. You can't live your life as your own worst enemy! Go to a mirror and look yourself in the eye, and make peace with yourself. Commit this day to putting your self-hatred and unreasonable doubts and fears behind you once and for all. You are your own essential ally. Get right with yourself. When that inner-voice of doubt whispers in your heart, have a sweet conversation with yourself and exert your faith. Healing is a process and could take some time, but convince yourself of your worthiness — no more abuse! Your heart knows how good you are. Your heart knows you are deserving. Your heart knows you are worthy. Your heart knows you are capable. Let your heart do the talking and when the voices of doubt start whispering, turn up the volume of faith and listen to your heart.
    —Bryant McGill