1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The traveling pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by codeina, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. codeina

codeina New Member

Hi everyone, new here. Read various entries and I felt like someone was describing me.
    Right now, I've been diagnosed with "right hand wrist tendonitis". Tests all come back normal for injury or autoimmune diseases.
    To make a long story short, before I found this forum; I've described this thing to the various medical professionals I've seen so far as "it seems that the pain/discomfort just moves around".
    I am myself what Dr. Sarno described as a perfectionist and constant worrier. I spend what should be my quiet time thinking about financial planning, home projects, work, etc. My brain can't shut up. It's always telling me that I should be working on some project that will make me content with the achievement...but really, it's never enough. I always find a new thing I need to improve on. I think I'm just angry about aging. That I will run out of time to do all the stuff I need to do.
    In the past I've suffered from unexplained costochondritis, plantar fasciitis, random back pain, psoriasis, hives, etc. Did I tell you I was diagnosed with anxiety back in 2000?

When covid started I was spending every waking hour tracking its progress and worrying about the markets. Before the tendonitis, my allergic rhinitis/asthma became more present. I kinda miraculously got under control when the tendonitis showed up. It's almost like I either get a full blown panic attack (which I haven't had in months) or some random weird pain on some part of my body. That pain will always misteriously disappear only to be replaced by either anxiety or a new random pain.
    I'm so glad I found this forum. I am ready to start healing.