1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

THE TOOLS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mbo, Feb 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. mbo

mbo Well known member

I wonder if (and how) the book (and concept) THE TOOLS by Phil Stutz and Barry Michels applies to the TMS phenomenon. Any experience?

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank-you @mbo for asking about this book. I have purchased it, and it is an excellent resource for those who have done the SEP and have tried to work it’s and Sarno’s teaching into daily life.
    I have only just begun the book which is a fairly easy read. A character, Vinny is stuck in self-sabotaging and basslets between acting like a jerk and victimizing himself. He is very aware of his basic behavioral pattern (partying, drinking so that he does not have to experience his emotions) numbing himself -which is the exact function physical tms pain and symptoms. He is terrified of finding out why he does these behaviors although he is being pressured to for his job performance. He knows deep down his reactions to stress are the cause of his issues yet still blames everyone and everything else.
    The book is about the skills or tools to get out of your own way.
    I had mentioned the book “Taming Your Gremlin” which helps you observe with honesty what your mind is doing/thinking and separating that from what is really going on ie living in the present moment. The Tools is about managing living in the present moment.