1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

the times when it spontaneously went away

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by eskimoeskimo, Jun 8, 2016.

1. eskimoeskimo

eskimoeskimo Well known member

1. The week that I got back from a solo trip to Asia

2. In the middle of seeing my parents for the first time in 2 years

3. After hopping a freight train (and getting caught)

4. The day after interviewing for a big job (and it turns out mistakenly thinking I got the job)

5. The day I sold both some software that I designed and a painting

The obvious theme here is psychology. And I can specifically remember it being terrible just before all 5 of these spontaneous relief moments. In particular, I was feeling especially distraught, frustrated, and suicidal right until the very moment that number 2 occurred. There are other times when the pain is less, usually because I'm distracted or exercising or something, but these five were truly spontaneous and complete... the whole shebang just melted away.

2. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Well there you have it. You exposed the strategy. Just live your life . I know it sounds simple. Sarno said was and it is. Cheers

3. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

I've had TMS for many years, and I had many symptoms that disappeared like that, and never came back, each of which I had been having for 3 - 4 months +. It seems to be a common thing that symptoms which stop being attention grabbing get replaced.