1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Technique for Self-Healing

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

This might be the Silva method folks that describe this style which I love but I have been healing folks like this since I was a child. We were to visualize the person healing and act as if it was all already done so when I saw that Silva Kept it simple like I did when I prayed into the heavens I figured I'd show you guys and gals a powerful secret in the world of healing. The system looks simplistic but its your convictions and beliefs in the system that brings it to pass. Enjoy.

1. Get into a relaxed medative state.

2. Visualize Your Current State of Health on Your Mental Screen -- an image on an imaginary screen in front of you in your minds eye.
    Visualize the current condition of the body, including the ailment or pain that is bothering you.
    You do not need to memorize or know what each component of your body actually looks like. Simple pictures are enough to speak to your mind.
    A lung can be imagined as a balloon. A kidney can resemble a kidney bean. Create a representative picture of the ailment. Feel the emotions associated with this problem.

3. See Yourself Healing and Getting Better and Healthier. Now visualize the ailment disappearing.
    Create, with your imagination, a system to remove the ailment. Examples: Kidney stones can be crushed into harmless powder that is then excreted.
    Tumors can be visualized as large black blobs, while your immune system and white blood cells are visualized as tiny soldiers attacking the tumor.
    On each attack the tumor shrinks. A sore muscle can be bathed in an imaginary healing light that alleviates the pain and restores the muscle to a healthy state.
    The exact image you use is irrelevant – create something that speaks to you. It does not have to be scientifically correct. It only has to be symbolic. Your subconscious mind will get the message.

4. Let the final picture be one of perfect health. Feel the joy and energy of having perfect health.
    Imagine it to be true and already occurring. It helps to say an affirmation such as: “I have a perfectly healthy body and mind” or “My ______ is now functioning perfectly and is in a state of excellent health.”

5. Let Go. Let go and trust your body’s self-healing ability. You can now come out of the alpha level or meditative state. Trust that the healing action is taking place. Please note that mental healing should not be used as a replacement for a visit to your doctor. Always consult a doctor first for serious health conditions.
    Mental healing is a type of complementary medicine – as the name suggests it is to be used alongside but not as a replacement for modern medicine. No matter what type of healing you use – conventional medicine, surgery, or more holistic therapies such as acupuncture, yoga, or massage – the System can speed and smooth the normal healing process amazingly.
    “What If I’m already Healthy?” If you have no health problems and are perfectly healthy at the moment, you can still meditate and visualize yourself staying in perfect health. This way you may never have to worry about having to heal yourself.

The Silva Method. emphasis mine

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    Abundance72 likes this.