1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Subconscious aha moment

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jokeysmurf, Dec 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

It has occurred to me, and frankly a little late, that the role the subconscious plays in TMS. The subconscious must know everything I know...and then some. Anything I have ever heard in passing and or put into short or long term memory my subconscious knows and has made a note of. Then at random times during sleep, or before bed or even when you are on the treadmill these seemingly random things come to the forefront of your mind...the subconscious at work. Perhaps this is why journalling has become such a big practice for TMSers to get us to dig deeper into this toybox of thoughts, feelings and fears we store away in passing. If we experience new pain or acquire new fears there is a good chance it's not so new and you have unknowingly heard it on the news, or from a friend or something or someone from the past.

I did not give enough credit to everything my subconscious was making note of until fairly recent. Every meditation i practiced, as I relaxed my mind these horrible little fears would crop up. When I would go fishing and my mind would wander, the same horrible little fears would come up. At times they would get me into pain and I would be left wondering where that came from. It dawned on my later as I lay in bed or stared off into space and let my mind wander that I had heard instances of people with knee pain or back pain. A friend of mine who was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis. Hearing that gave me knee pain for almost a month, only I never put it together. My brain is rather subject to suggestion, if i hear a story about someone who has some condition, inevitably my brain would mimic these pains regardless of what actual medical check ups said to the contrary.