1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

THE SOS METHOD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kalo, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

mike2014 likes this.
  2. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Okay, this is sounding like a big scam...Here is a you tube

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Kalo. Thanks for sharing this video. Malise Karlin sounds like she believes in TMS.
    So many people are finally catching on to the Mindbody philosophy of Dr. Sarno.
    But I wouldn't all it BS, unless that stands for Beneficial Suggestion.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  4. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi Walt,

What I mean by BS is the program being Bullsh....t, LOL For $277.00 I can become peaceful...I have read some reviews of the book on line and most people said that it was like a sales pitch...I am just wondering if anyone has tried this method.

I love the idea that people are catching on to Dr. Sarno....

Kalo

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kalo -

This is a really good question. My answer is that if someone is not self-motivated enough to do our SEP for free, or to do Dr. Schubiner's program (about $30 from Amazon, the last time I looked?) on their own, then perhaps they would benefit from a $277 program that is more guided. Because if the program is referencing Drs. Sarno and Mate, then it's almost certainly aimed at TMS/MBS/PPD, which can't be bad (according to our TMS-centric bias ;))

Someone mentioned the other day that it costs $600 to attend Dr. Raschbaum's TMS seminar! I didn't inquire, but it sounded like it might be similar to the seminars that Dr. Sarno used to present, and I don't believe that those were cheap, either.

You can easily spend more than $277 seeing a TMS practitioner, either for your diagnosis or for ongoing psychotherapy.

And there are still Amazon reviewers who call Dr. Sarno a quack.

So, in my opinion, this is not necessarily BS! It's more than I am willing to spend, but then I am self-diagnosed and self-treated - one of the fortunate ones :happy:

6. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi Jan,

My point is this program sounds more like an "binuary beat" enlightment thing. Listen to CD and you become at peace!

Her Utube videos, she dismantles the comment section. Why? I emailed and asked if there was a refund should the program not work for me and I never got a reply.

$600.00 to see Dr. Raschbaum and get a diagnosis and to become educated (if one doesn't know about TMS) is not expensive...

But to sell englightenment for $277.00 with no guarantees is a lot of money....

Yes, some people think Dr. Sarno is a quack, but, he isn't as he STUDY all these years about pain and helped TONS of people. He didn't offer a CD to erase negative emotions for $277.00

His books are inexpesensive for an AWESOME Doctor who came to tell us the truth!

Any you are correct it is a lot cheaper to do SEP and or Dr. Schubiner's course....

Thanks,

Kalo

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Kalo,

Even Dr Schubiners online programme is significantly cheaper than this.

If I was to consider doing an online programme, other than Alan Gordons FREE one, I would enroll on Dr Schubiner's who is one of the leading TMS Dr's. At least you receive support and can communicate with him directly. He also updates his portal continually.

JanAtheCPA and Grateful17 like this.
  8. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Jan

Great response ….this whole TMS MARKET is BRUTAL everybody got a book a seminar a dvd cvd cassette whatever all looking to make a buck off people who are in real pain and desperate.Very few of us can spend thousands of dollars for tms therapist books seminars or whatever is next looking for some relief,
    Yes I get it its a business and most of these people do want to help us tms`ers out. Listen I been in this for a total of 2 yrs in pain for 5 I got all the test that my pcp needed and then some could not find anything. I walk out of the office knowing there is only one path I grabbed STEVE O book and that all you need even Sarno`s book don't even touch the depths of TGPD . Forget the tms dr video lectures get this book read and reread it until it sinks in. Then you need to decide whether you want to heal and then change your life. THATS IT. Oh yes self care is whatever you need to take care of yourself.

JanAtheCPA and Markus like this.
  9. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with you Boston, as much I am glad to see the word of Dr Sarno spread, there are alot of opportunist who are jumping on the bandwagon. As someone who is suffering, I end up trying everything rather than settling on one thing. I then get frustrated when I don't have any success. To a new person, I would probably recommend 1 or 2 books at max and advise strongly against trying to test every single method. I know now, this is where I am going wrong.

JanAtheCPA and Boston Redsox like this.
  10. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Well what gets me about this SOS is not to cure your pain, but, she claims it will give you peace and if you see the hole website it spells SCAM all over it. How can you create enlightment in people by listening to your CD and 277.00 packet with it takes buddist monks years of practice to attain this.

I guess this is what my point is...Plus, the fact I suffer hypochondria and when I keep reading Gabor Mate claim all illness lead from emotion turmoil...It worsens my symptoms...I figure that purging my life history isn't working and that maybe I need to cleanse myself and that is how I found this SOS Method..

Good point both Mike2014 and Boston make..

Right now, it's so tuff caregiving and driving 2 hours for a parttime job that I don't know how I will get well....I miss my Dad as well...I had to deal with all this stuff in less then two years...Breavement, then throwned into caregiving mode FULL TIME while working on a part time job that doesn't support me..

11. Boston Redsox

Wowowo you need to stop putting all this pressure on you ...you would not treat people like the way you are treating you take the foot of the gas and relax step back and respond , dont react to this situation your in i am sure it is difficult but dont pour more gas on a burning house. Take care of you 1st be selfish.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  12. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

Hi Boston,

You are right, and different symptons are happening as well. Last Monday, I called in sick at work cause my Mom look to be having a UTI infection and was more confused then ever. So, instead of a her usual doc appointment as I could not get in...I took her to Urgent care they diagnosed her and then called me back FOUR days later and said that they sent the culture out and it was NEGATIVE...Ugh, when the called back the second time I panicked thinking it was something horrible...

I truthfully wish I could quite my part time job, but, to scared too. I remember reading in SteveO's book....Quite the job that you are miserable in as it's not worth your health....

Where I live now (RETIREMENT CITY) the job's are scares....

Thanks for your input!
    Kalo

13. Boston Redsox

Still u even said its not worth the drive look for something closer even if u dont like it at least you made commute shorter take baby steps even if its 2 forward 1 back.

14. Kalo

Kalo Well known member

If I can find a job out here, I would for sure...But I am dealing with RETIREMENT CITY where job market is not good....The Phoenix Metro area is where it's at...Not this retirement city...

Thanks
    Kalo