1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Secret Garden (movie)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by fern, Sep 2, 2017.

1. fern

fern Well known member

The Secret Garden (1993) just showed up on Netflix today. I haven't read the book since I was a kid, so I don't know how true the movie is to the book, but I remember loving both growing up. In any case, it turns out to be so very beautifully about TMS. I'm not just talking about the basic setup of the story - three people whose various mental/physical ailments are obviously caused by stress, fear, and grief. What struck me most this time was the metaphor of the locked-up garden that evolves so perfectly throughout the story and speaks directly to this TMS work we're doing. I cried a lot watching it this time.

I'm so familiar with the story and the message, having grown up loving it, but watching the movie in the context of learning about TMS made the experience deeper and more meaningful. If you haven't watched it since you started doing this work, I recommend it!

plum, Lily Rose and Ellen like this.
  2. fern

fern Well known member

Lily Rose, I just did a quick search to make sure I hadn't posted something redundant, and I saw your book recommendation from just over a month ago! Great minds!

3. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

We are all connected, and there isn't any such thing as 'coincidences'. It is all part of the beautiful and complex messages we all receive, but not all can yet perceive.

Two other book that may interest you: Garden Awakening and Anne of Green Gables (the latter for the powerful reminder of using our imaginations and seeing the magic around us).

.... with Love and Gratitude ^_^

plum likes this.