1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The root lock

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Oct 11, 2015.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hello All,

I'm interested in the root lock exercise Monte Heufle mentions in his program and I know it's a well known Yoga technique. Does anyone practice this and have any useful links?

Thanks and happy Sunday.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  2. Renee

Renee Well known member

Hi Mike,

I was reading one of Monte Heufle's posts for day 17 of the SEP this morning and came across a post he had for root lock. I remembered that you had asked about this. It stuck in my mind because of the unusual name, but when I saw Moola Bandha I remembered a friend of mine with pelvic pain bought this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Moola-Bandha-The-Master-Key/dp/8185787328
    I will have to ask him what he thought of it. I have tried discussing TMS with him but he doesn't want to hear anything about it unfortunately.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Renee, I heard it's a very good technique so may use it in my daily routine.

4. lesley

lesley New Member

I used Monte's root lock exercise for 9 months exactly as he said. It did nothing at all to relieve my symptoms but did, somewhat alarmingly, give me bladder control problems. I looked on the Web for info about this and discovered that females shouldn't practice pelvic-type floor exercises like this is without an inserted surface to work against, they produce the said bladder reaction. Is ok for males. I don't know if the same thing would happen with younger premenopausal women.