1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 The reaction to mistakes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Apr 22, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

The last time I made a mistake was today. I yelled at my sister for not taking more personal responsibility in her life. How did that feel? Terrible. Every time I express anger or dissatisfaction, I have struggled with an unleashing of the inner critic upon me. It says things like I am a bad sister, how could I talk to my mother like that, what's wrong with me, how rude of me, on and on and on, did you have to yell, you couldn't have just spoken more calmly.

So how I handle mistakes isn't well. I usually get a barrage of 'bad bad bad bad me' following soon after. I try to fight it sometimes, if I can even be conscious enough to realize it's happening, and talk back and yell back. But it's like a demon that assails me whenever I make a mistake and it doesn't go down without a fight.