1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Presence Process - Share Experiences & Ask Questions

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by BrianC, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Thank you Brian! You are so generous with your knowledge and it's so kind to share it with us!!

Since I read the first book of J. Sarno one year ago I try to feel my emotions. That's why I am clueless sometimes, because I am doing my best and the pain is still there.
    Of course the emotions are much more intense now that I am doing TPP. Brian, you gave a good explanation of how they are interacting!

Today the feeling of "not beeing good enough" (fear) came up. I did a "one to one session" with the emotion for 15minutes. At the end of the session the emotion was as strong as in the beginning. Should I do the session longer till the emotion fades away or should I do it again and again for about 15 minutes?

Have a nice day!

2. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Renate,

I sit with the emotion as long as I can. I'm not successful every time, but I am most of the time. And much of the time, I'm just getting a piece of it, not necessarily all of it. I would keep doing it until you move it through to grief, then correct the belief.

Here's what I've done with the "not feeling 'good enough'" emotion:

I start with feeling it. I let the fear manifest in my body as best I can. Sometimes, the fear makes me shake. If I'm not shaking, but I can tell that it wants to shake, I'll kind of feel which parts of me want to shake and I'll let them shake. It's kind of like spasms, but not so uncontrolled. What's happening is the energy of the fear is getting expressed in a safe manner through shaking. While I shake, I'm strictly supportive of it. "I know you're scared. I don't blame you one bit for being scared. I've been scared like this, too. All is well. I'm right here. You do what you need to do. I accept you unconditionally." Once I don't feel like my body wants to shake anymore, I know the fear is pretty much done being expressed. That's usually when it moves into grief. Sometimes it's anger that starts the process of not feeling good enough. Anger toward myself for not being good enough, anger toward my parents and God for not making me good enough. So check to make sure anger's not there. If you're at fear, the anger probably isn't there, but it could be. Once you move through anger and fear, you'll move into grief. Grief is usually crying. Be very sensitive to the feeling of needing to cry, and as soon as you get the sense that you need to, give yourself fully to crying. If you have to start forcing the cry to get it to start, that's fine, too. Be just as supportive while that part of you cries.

When I reach the crying stage, I try to see if something will increase the crying to make it more fully express itself. For instance, I will hug that part of me and that will suffice sometimes. Sometimes, I'll have God hug that part of me in an unconditionally loving way. That one really seems to get a strong crying reaction out of me, depending on the issue at hand. Eventually, when the crying's about done, I start talking through the incorrect belief and then the accurate belief. I use reason. Here's an example:

"So you feel like you're not good enough? I can understand that. Do you know where that comes from? Judgment. And a standard to judge by. Did you know God doesn't have a standard? He's unconditionally loving, meaning there are no conditions on His loving someone else. That's what real, true love is. Everything else is a counterfeit." (All the while, that part of me is responding to me when necessary. I do most of the talking, but when that part of me needs to speak, it does. If it needs to ask questions to really get a handle on why it's upset or scared or sad, it can do that, too.) "So, did you notice that nothing you can do can make God love you, because He has no conditions on His love? In other words, there's no way to be 'not good enough," because you don't have to be 'good enough.' In fact, God doesn't have a standard. He's not judging you or anyone else. Never has. We're the ones judging us and we got our standard from our parents, our feelings, our society, and our religious ideas. But really, though, there never was an actual standard. Once we drop our standard of worthiness, we are neither good enough or not good enough. We're neither worthy or unworthy. We simply exist. And you know what? We can actually feel our own unconditional love for our self at that point. It's natural and it's always there. Judgments get in the way of it. And when we feel our own love, we feel God's love, too, because they're practically the same thing. We're His kid, so we have all of His traits, like kindness, contentment, happiness, and His unconditional love. We just have to remove our standards that we acquired or made up. They're not real. They never were. We don't need to be loved--we just need to stop blocking our own love and God's love. Then we'll feel our contentment and happiness. It's really that simple, but it takes sometime to find all of the judgments. For now, let's just deal with your judgment. Which would you rather do: judge yourself and feel awful, or drop all judgments and opinions and standards so you can feel happy and content?" Those inside parts of me always answer with the latter. "Alright, well let's do it."

Oh, I like to tell them about the neart-death experience part where God makes people relive what they did to others that hurt them. They feel how they made the other person feel this time, which causes them to feel great shame. They say, "That was so bad, so wrong." God responds with, "No no, not good or bad, not right or wrong...just a lesson learned." Immediately, all of their shame drops and they feel their own unconditional love and God's unconditional love. They say it's unlike anything they've ever felt and extremely powerful--life-changing. They realize that they were judging their self, but God never was. Once they dropped judgment, the suffering ends. All they had to do was drop judgment. It's so simple, but very hard to do.

Another one I use is: "So when you punish yourself, you feel worse. How do you treat others when you feel worse?" Inner child: "I treat them worse." Me: "How do you treat other people and yourself when you feel good?" Inner child: "I treat them and myself more kindly." Me: "So that's what you're shooting for in life, right? To treat others more loving?" Inner child: "Well, yeah." Me: "So, which sounds better to you--punishing yourself by hurting your body and feeling bad, or loving yourself no matter what you do?" Inner child: "Loving myself no matter what." Then I take him through that process of getting him cleaned up and integrated.

I use that method because that's what I did when I worked with multiples. But they actually go inside to that inside world. I can only imagine it. They actually see it and see those parts of their self inside. They go there and it's as real as this world. It worked on them, so I made it work for me as best I could. :)

Hope that helps!

3. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Brian, when you were writing your post (thank you again!!) a friend of mine was here and guess what we talked about?
    The near- death-experience part when people relive what they did to others! What an amazing coincidence!
    My friend thinks that this is the situation that is called "hell", I think your explanation is better :)
    I must reread your post, I just read it over quickly and wanted to tell you about the coincidence.

4. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Renate,

I think that's one of those situations TPP talks about where your intention will trigger certain events to happen to help you integrate things. I've found the near-death experiences to be extremely helpful with understanding the afterlife and this life. Very cool stuff. Glad you got to see one of those "coincidences" that TPP tends to toss out there. :) Those are always interesting.

Here are a couple of links to my favorite near-death-experience videos. The first is long and produced by TBN, which is a Christian network, so you'll see a very Christian dressing on everything. Keep in mind that the people who have these near-death experiences are interpreting them through their own religious beliefs they were either raised with or that they picked up after their near-death experiences. So when you hear them say they thought they were going to be there for eternity, it's just them taking the feeling of eternity, then interpreting it through the eyes of their current belief system. It doesn't make their interpretation true. I think one of the guys says he feared he'd be in that horrible situation for eternity if he hadn't been revived by the medics. Also, this first video is long and it's about the hell-like experience that Atheists have when they die. It tells four stories and it's very interesting. This is the video that taught me how hell works to purify people, though it's not promoting or teaching that view, of course. It's probably more trying to scare a person into getting saved by Jesus. LOL What's so funny is that God says not to fear tons of times in the Bible, and there are a couple of verses that say, "If a man fears in his heart, he has not yet been made perfect (mature) in love," and "Perfect (mature) love casts out fear." So scaring people into being saved is so incredibly backward. And yet that's what Christianity has done for the past 1,500 years since Augustin and the Government forcibly removed the purifying-hell belief. The second video is much shorter, only 26 minutes, and really cool. It's people who aren't Atheists who had near-death experiences. You'll see all of the hallmarks of near-death experiences in the formatting of the video. Really cool stuff. Enjoy!

To Hell and Back

Near-Death Expeirences

5. PPSo

PPSo Newcomer

Hi! I just started week 2 and have a question about reflections and projections. What would be a good example of each? I may be misunderstanding the terms. For me a reflection would be me seeing likeable parts of myself in another person and consequently wanting to be close to them because they show me what I want more of for myself and what I already like about myself. A projection is seeing unwanted parts of myself in a person and thus disliking that person. In both cases, I’m more emotionally reactive to these individuals. The attraction and aversion are beyond the norm. But in TPP, reflections and projections seem to mean something else. Can someone give me an example for reach to illustrate for me? Thank you!

6. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Hi, PPSo.

A reflection is an event that reminds us of something uncomfortable from our past. It's not necessarily a memory we understand mentally or physically--it's a feeling. So if we meet someone and they remind us of our father whom we don't like, that's a reflection. People usually don't recognize reflections for what they are.

A projection is when we react to the reflection in a negative way instead of responding in a mature, responsible way. So if we meet this guy who reminds us of our father, and we start acting the same way we act around our cruel father, then we're projecting. We're projecting our behavior onto someone else due to a reflection coming at us from them.

The part of us we're trying to integrate is our ego (the hardened heart). It creates these situations in life that remind our heart of a past event--an emotional memory. Maybe someone hurt us when we were young, and a person or situation reminds us of that, but we don't really know it reminds us of that, necessarily--we just feel the emotional upset (we feel our ego). It gets triggered and surfaces. That's the reflection.

So then we have to deal with it in some way: reaction or response. If we react by doing what we always do when we feel that emotional resonance, then we're projecting. But if we stop ourself and recognize what's happening, we can choose to respond in a mature, more healthy way. This allows the uncomfortable triggered emotions to stay on the surface rather than be repressed again by reactive behavior. The less we react, the more chances we have to allow integration to occur. It's important to catch these reflections and not project out, but rather contain the emotional resonances and let them be unconditionally, even if we have to remove ourselves from the situation.

Hope that's a sufficient explanation.

7. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Hi everyone,

thank you Brian for your post and the videos. I loved the second very much!

Now I am starting week 8. MB writes that everything people do when they hurt you is a "cry for love". In some way I understand what he wants to say, but there are situations where I can't see the cry for love.
    For example, when someone leaves his partner because she/he doesn't love him/her anymore, where is the cry for love? Or when a man abuses a woman - also a cry for love??

8. PPSo

PPSo Newcomer

Thanks much, Brian! That's a clear explanation. I have many personal examples of reflections and projections to be aware of now.

9. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

When a person leaves their mate, the person felt their mate was not loving them the way they wanted to be loved to feel happy. So they leave to find someone who will love them that way so they can be happy. They're seeking love.

However, that's not love that they're seeking. They think they are, but they're not. They're seeking someone who will suppress their feelings of worthlessness due to their lack of love of their self. So they want someone else to make them happy. That's an addiction to other people. A "love" addiction. But that kind of love uses people. It's actually desire. The person wants someone they desire, and they want someone who desires them, because they do not desire their self. They want someone to give them the love they aren't giving their self. Does that make sense?

And if someone is hurt by someone leaving them, they too were attaching their happiness to someone else, expecting that person to make them happy. When two people are happy within themselves and don't need each other to be happy, then they can have a healthy relationship and allow each other to be as they are. Otherwise, if one person needs the other, they must manipulate that person so they can keep them. They cannot truly be their self.

With abuse, it's always a cry for love. A parent who abuses had a parent who abused them, usually. So they learned that abuse equals love. Their parent abused them because the parent thought it would help them and keep them safe. The parent thinks it will teach the kid to be safe and to be better. Since their parent "loved" them that way, they "love" their child the same way. That's the only way they know how to show love. And underneath it all, they're trying to correct their own childhood. They're living vicariously through their child. I'll explain...

A parent believes if he is "good," he'll be happy. That's what his parents and religion taught him. And when he's not "good," he needs to be punished in order to learn so he will be "good." When he grows up, he doesn't feel "good," so he tries to redeem himself through his child. He thinks that if he treats his child the way he was treated by his parents, his child will learn and grow up to be happy. And he feels like that will make him happy, as if it will make up for the shame he feels. So he's trying to feel love through attempting to accomplish something he thinks will make him worthy...make him "good." So he thinks he's protecting the child and loving the child, and he thinks it will make him happy. But he doesn't consciously think that. His heart thinks that, and he's unaware of it.

In both instances, it's a cry for love, but it takes some mental gymnastics to figure that out. Anything anyone does to feel better is a cry for love. If a parent feels his child is annoying him and then abuses the child for it, the parent is trying to get the child to stop making him feel unhappy...which means he's trying to feel better. Feeling better is what people think love is. But love is actually feeling everything without judging it, and without preferring one emotion over another. It is unconditional acceptance. It is contentment no matter what emotions are present. Hate is twisted love. And apathy (not feeling anything) is the opposite of love. Does that make sense?

10. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Even if I must think a little outside the box, I "feel" that the need to be loved is the biggest motivator in human life - until you are not conscoius that you are manipulating people.

But love is actually feeling everything without judging it, and without preferring one emotion over another. It is unconditional acceptance. It is contentment no matter what emotions are present. Hate is twisted love. And apathy (not feeling anything) is the opposite of love.

11. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Oups, I wanted to continue my post....

Do you think it is possible to achieve this state of beeing as you mentioned above ( in blue)?
    This would need many "rounds" of TPP :)

12. PPSo

PPSo Newcomer

I know we're not supposed to do mind altering substances and caffeine isn't mentioned in the book. Is it recommended to stop using it while doing TPP?

13. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

PPSo,

Caffeine is fine, but I wouldn't drink it before I did my 15 minutes of breathing since it causes your body to excrete adrenaline and puts it around your heart, shocking your heart in an unstable way. It takes over for your pace maker, causing anxiousness to a degree, unless your adrenals are worn out (which they are in most caffeine drinkers), in which case it won't have much of an effect on you. I rarely drink caffeine. It was weakening my bladder a few years back, causing me to get up and use the bathroom like 5 times a night, so I couldn't get a decent night's sleep. Stopped drinking it and in two days, I was sleeping through the night. And my heartrate balanced out nicely, too, as a result.

14. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Renate,

Oh, yeah, it's not too terribly hard to achieve what I stated about not needing anyone to love you because you love yourself unconditionally. It takes time, but it's very doable.

When we're asleep in life, driven by our ego, we seek to get love from other people. When we start to wake up, we usually see through that rouse and start figuring out how to give ourself love instead of seeking to get it from others. I felt very content right when I was saved, and it lasted for 1-2 years before it tapered off due to me judging myself and shaming myself subconsciously. When I got saved suddenly, all my shame dropped in an instant, and my own natural love came through, as well as God's love (which I think are one in the same, actually, since we're His kids). It's amazing how awesome you feel once shame drops completely.

- Brian

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  15. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

I had a long, long talk (hours) with basically all of the parts of my ego while driving all day on a trip a couple of days ago. I took all of those parts of me through the talk about beliefs and reworked how they thought about everything. I got that part of me to, for the most part, stop harming my body and emotions in order to repress. Then I integrated them, to a degree. But I didn't see a huge reaction from this as I did it. Then, today, I saw a reaction suddenly. I suddenly thought to myself, "I should give myself love right now." So I opened myself up to loving myself and being thankful at that moment, and a very distinct, familiar feeling filled my chest. It's a very cool feeling, basically like integration is occurring, but not exactly the same as that, I guess. So I just kept doing that throughout the day. It was way stronger than it has been in the past. So whatever I did a day or two ago really worked well, but it had a delayed reaction. Pretty cool. I imagined all of the parts of me as if they were a bunch of kids on a big set of bleachers, and I was speaking in front of them. I figured it couldn't hurt to address them all instead of just one at a time. So I did and it seems to have worked well. I'll do it again on my next trip for those parts of me that didn't come all the way over to the functional side of my heart. I think I'll keep doing it that way for a while and see how it works long-term.

16. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

THREE UPDATES

When imagining I'm talking to part of myself, found that if I ask the part of me what he thinks happened in a particular situation that triggered him, he'll sort it out for himself, which is much more powerful, and much quicker, than me telling him. It's a common therapy method. Seems to work well.

Also, I've found that some parts of me just need more time with me treating them with unconditional acceptance (feeling the uncomfortable emotions). If I correct their belief, it doesn't take care of the issue right away in some cases. Some need longer emotional acceptance.

And I've realized that the thankfulness that was causing my chest to feel similar to an integration was actually integrations happening. It hit me that when I'm listening to music and it causes an integration, it's because the music pulled positivity and thankfulness out of me. When those emotions surfaced, they were causing the integrations to complete. So when I was choosing to be thankful the other day and felt it strongly in my chest, I was basically facilitating integrations to complete which I had started the day before by talking to all the different parts of myself about healing and correcting beliefs.

Those are some very useful breakthroughs. I'm pretty psyched about them.

17. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

That's really interesting how you talk with the different parts of you, Brian!

I am still struggeling with TPP and my pain. When I ask my pain which feeling is connected to it, one time I feel anger, the next time fear and then sadness. Then I stay with the feeling as long as I can. But I wonder why the emotions change each time.

Tomorrow I will start week 9, until now I had no integration. Does this happen after I will have finished the 10 week process? Will it ever happen?

Every evening when I think "now I will soon go to sleep", my foot turns red an begins to hurt. I can't imagine why, I love to go to bed and to sleep, because at night I have no pain. I tried to talk to my foot but I get no answer (and no emotion). Has anyone an idea why my foot reacts in this way?

18. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Renate,

When you ask what emotions are causing your pain, they will be the same sometimes, and other times they will change. If they change, that means you're moving through the different emotions at play, and that's good. Usually, fear is first, then you move to anger, then to sadness/grief. If the emotion doesn't change, it means you still need to sit with that emotion more.

You may not have integrations until after your 10 weeks are over. The 3-week period after the 10 weeks is called the integration period. It's a time where we're relaxing and letting the final integrations complete. Maybe you won't see any happen until then.

I'm a pretty good read on people, even over the Internet, so I'll give you my guess on what's going on with you.

You're trying too hard instead of just letting things flow naturally and just being along for the ride. You keep expecting integrations and wanting your pain to go away, but those are controlling emotions. They lack any acceptance of your pain and current situation. They scream, "I hate this situation and I want it to change now!" Let's say your pain was a little child--your child...a little girl. Imagine her now, a little 5-year-old, looking at you with a sad, scared, pleading face that says she just wants to be loved. But your response to her is a scream. "I want you to go away right now!" That's what I sense is going on with your foot, and maybe some of your other pain. It's a little child that's turned from fear of being loved, to hate. When a child isn't loved, it turns to hate instead, because it wanted love and didn't get it. So at night, your so glad to go to sleep so you can avoid your pain (aka avoid your angry child), but she doesn't want to be ignored. So she gets piping mad and says, "If you're going to avoid me, I'm going to make you pay for it!" So she starts hurting you, hurting your foot.

The key to integration is to embrace your pain and not try to change it or want to change it. Your goal is to learn to be with it without wanting it to go awah, but being happy whether it goes away or not. I know that's a hard concept to grasp, but it's possible. It's called unconditional acceptance, and that's what unconditional love is. It means you accept your situation and your pain as it is.

I tell my pain, "You can stay as long as you need to. I'm here for you and accept you unconditionally. You can integrate whenever you like, but there's no rush." If the pain sticks around longer than I think it should (weeks, months), then I know there's a belief attached to it that's keeping it from integrating. It's usually some kind of self-sabotaging, self-hate type of belief, like I'm no good or something like that. That's the point at which I start muscle testing for answers to why it's not integrating, why it's upset and staying when it clearly should've integrated by now. I'm not expecting it to integrate. I just know it normally would have by that point. When I figure out the belief that's keeping it locked in place, I correct that belief. I even ask it questions after it's been triggered about how it got triggered and what caused it to feel that way. It'll tell me why if it understands, but I have to understand why first, usually, before it understands why. However, sometimes I don't need to know why, and it will tell me why. Usually, I already know, though. Once I correct it's belief by proving it wrong, it adopts the new belief and wants to integrate.

Now, keep in mind that I've been at this for a long time. I let these emotions hang around for a while before I work on their beliefs. Most people should do at least 1 PP before attempting my methods, and maybe even 2, because they really should learn to let their conditions be as they are first, and learn to enjoy them, learn to enjoy and embrace the pain. If they don't, my method won't work. I'm very loving an accepting when I speak to the different parts of myself. I'm not trying to get them to go. I'm just trying to help them do what they need to do to be content.

Notice that my first integration happened because I embraced the pain. I felt anger for a split second, and when I saw myself repress it, I caught that repression and said, "Wait, no! That's MY anger, and I don't want it taken away. I wanna feel it." I truly wanted to be with it, to embrace it, to love it. And as I felt it, it began to feel good, even before it started to integrate. So, it's the act of truly being thankful for it and truly loving it that causes it to want to integrate. Every dysfunctioning emotion is just a little kid that didn't get the unconditional love it needed as a child, and got the wrong message about its value. We have no self-worth. Self-worth doesn't exist. It's something we made up to make ourselves feel better or worse. But when you weed through that absurdity, you realize there is no such thing as worth. It's an illusion created by us due to judgment, and we usually created it because we misinterpreted something our parents did and something we felt as a result of that. When you put away self worth, and simply choose to love yourself (all of yourself, especially the pain), then you'll see progress that's more tangible. Embrace the pain and don't expect it to go or want it to go. That's the hardest thing to do, but it's the key to integration.

Keep at it. It takes time. People can use my method without doing TPP, but it can be hard if they don't really understand how to embrace their experience fully with thankfulness and unconditional love. You're getting there. Just have to be infinitely patient, which is not easy.

19. Renate

Renate Peer Supporter

Thank you again, Brian. I can feel the truth in what you say and I know the little child is in all of us.
    Here's what I did: when I was in pain I talked a several times to my inner child and then I forgot it again. I noticed when I focus only on the pain it gets much worse.
    So I focus on the emotion, but I can't stay with it longer than 1-3 minutes, then the emotion is gone. This seems to be a very short time...?

It seems really hard after such a long time - 5 years at home - to accept and even love the pain. But I have tried all the other ways to heal it: I've been in hospitals, had physiotherpy, ergotherapy, hypnotherapy,psychotherapy the implantation of SCS, morphine.....so love and acceptance is the only way that' s left - like often (always?) in life :)

20. BrianC

BrianC Well known member

Yeah, when I had candida, I eventually couldn't get rid of it anymore. So I had to deal with it emotionally and was able to take care of it. Interestingly enough, I uncovered some more resentment in the past few months and it's caused candida again. So I've been dealing with that resentment now for a while. It's self-sabotage and self-hate. But it's going well. I get it dealt with little by little. I've known about the self-sabotage thing for quite a while now, and it's still present. I've gotten pieces of it. But I imagine it'll take me a long time to get it all integrated. So I just take it easy and do a little bit here and there to work on it. I'm grateful when the illnesses or pains pop up, because they allow me to deal with another part of the self-sabotage.

Dealing with emotions for 1-3 minutes works. Sometimes it'll be longer, sometimes shorter. I try to keep my mind on it, and I'll constantly forget about it, but I'll put my mind back on it again. And I'll just keep doing that for as long as I can think to do it. But that's only if I'm actively engaged in something else like housework, reading, research, driving, etc. If I'm not doing anything at all, I'll just sit with it. How long I can be with it like that just depends. It's different each time. I don't prefer one over the other, but sitting with an emotion seems to be a little better way. But you gotta do what you gotta do, and a lot of times, it's just not possible to sit with it and do nothing else.

If you've been at home for that long, you'll want to make sure you have some groups of friends to hang out with throughout the week. If you have a Recovery group you could go to, that can be helpful, but I wouldn't get too used to airing your problems, because it can become an addiction--a way to dump on others to get relief. But it's helpful to be with people who accept you unconditionally. I don't recommend Recovery for a really long time, but for a while can be good. It's good to develop some strong relationships and then keep those friendships after you stop going to Recovery. And the 12 Steps for Recovery can be helpful, too. If there are lots of things in your past that you haven't tried to make right, it can help if you tell someone what you've done and then go try to make all of those things right. Most of the time, an apology is all that's needed. It's good to know that you don't have to avoid anyone or fix anything.

On the flip side of that, there's a benefit to being in nature and not being around anyone for a while. When we truly feel out own loneliness for a while, it really feels awful at first. But if we endure it, we end up finally integrating our fear of loneliness. Some people are alone a lot and feel like they don't have a problem with loneliness, but often, they're just repressed and don't realize they're lonely. Loneliness is a really important one to integrate. It's huge, in fact. I don't think you have to be in nature to do it, but I think it helps. When you finally integrate loneliness, you discover aloneness, which is a wonderful thing. One day I realized that all-one-ness is what aloneness splits into phonetically. Kind of interesting. When we discovery "aloneness," we discover that we're all one with nature, with each other, with everything...and we realize we're never alone. Like I've said before, I think God made everything out of Himself. So being apart from Him is impossible. We just "feel" as if we're apart from Him, because we "feel" lonely/alone.

And yes, love is really the only way to heal all of our issues. I know The Body Code and it's component The Emotion Code are very effective at healing things by removing or integrating the emotional dysfunctions, but I haven't decided whether that's the best way to take care of issues or not. It doesn't teach a person to love their self unconditionally and to love their pain, but it can help a person love their self a lot better. It doesn't teach a person to feel again, but it can help a person get better at feeling. It doesn't make a person content with their situation, but it can help a person become more content. I feel that TPP is much more useful and helpful to people in an overall sense, because of what it teaches a person to do--helps them understand how to handle emotions properly and be content, but I think The Body Code can be very useful, too. It sure could cost a person a lot of money if they have to pay someone to do it for them, though. I can do The Emotion Code on myself (as anyone can once they learn to muscle test), but the problem is that some people have such heavy self-sabotage that they'll get wrong answers when muscle testing. That happened to me. Usually, you just work with an Emotion Code practitioner until they correct the problem. That didn't work for me, though. My self-sabotage is too deeply ingrained and too strong. So I've had to deal with it using my own methods. But most people aren't like me, though. I'm particularly complicated subconsciously. I used to see that happen with multiples who were very intelligent. Intelligence is a blessing and a curse. If people use their intelligence to escape and avoid feeling, and they're really smart, they can really repress a whole lot of stuff, making it very difficult to unravel and integrate. That's okay, though. I learn a lot as I work through this stuff, and I literally ask for it not to be easy so that I can learn all of the ins and outs. So it's no big deal. If it were easy, I wouldn't learn much.

Good luck. :)