1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Only Thing I have to Fear is....me

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by phillyjoe, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. phillyjoe

phillyjoe Peer Supporter

Greetings fellow healers. I will be brief and concrete. I acknowledge my back pain as
    100% TMS. It took a while but I accepted my anxiety as TMS. I am fortunate that my physical pain has been very limited. I go through periods of "High Anxiety." Here's what I have concluded in myself ans ask if others can relate and offer objective advice. I am stuck in the anticipating mindset. I anticipate anxiety. I anticipate back pain. I understand symptom imperative. I get the think psychological, but I'm jammed with thinking about how I feel over and over and over. Rating my feeling meter. Anticipating any new or old twinge that will set off anxiety thoughts. I honestly believe I am so close to a much higher level of recovery. Part of the problem I think is I had anxiety before the back issues so there is long term ingrained brain thinking. Can someone help me get over this hump. Thanks. Lord Bless.

2. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

I know the feeling but hang on the ride is almost over. When the anchor(pain) is lifted the anxiety will come through the window. Its just there to distract you from your emotions. The more you obsess over it the power you give it. Go live you life, which is hard to do because you want control over everything. Let the anxiety come and work on your thoughts. Its your perception of life. OCD is another form of fear, constantly worrying and playing the what if game. Stand up to the fear, healing is in your reach for the taking. Just know that your body and mind are OK and let the rest fall in place. We create more problems when there really are not any. Best of luck, we are what we believe.

Ryan

readytoheal, Ellen and brendan537 like this.
  3. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016