1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 18 The most prevalent emotions

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, May 29, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

When looking at my journaling entries, I can clearly see the presence of "not being accepted" that caused anger and sadness in my past, and still lingers on. Another is the need to make everything perfect so I don't get told off, because of the way I was brought up. My pain has reduced, last week was a proof that I'm so much more of control and that SEP is helping me, even though I had a relapse, I managed to react to it differently and that made me so proud. That's why I took yesterday and today "off". I felt the need to stop and breathe. The symptoms were gone completely yesterday. A little bit of back pain and pressure in my head today. Another change was the "keep the inner child happy" by promising and doing fun things: getting an ice cream, watch comedies, zumba classes and similar.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing a great job of dealing with your feelings. Be more accepting of yourself and don't expect to be a perfect person. You've felt that since you were a child. Now expect less of yourself. Taking two days off from thinking about your symptoms did you a lot of good. Do more fun things every day. Keep your inner child happy and it won't bully you.