1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 17 The most helpful part

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lina82, Dec 29, 2014.

1. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

The most helpful part of this program so far has been first of all getting a structure for the work with myself that I was already doing. It feels good to just follow something that someone else have suggested and by that let go of some of the responsibility that I put on myself regarding the healing process. Every day I have a task to do. I do that and then I’m free and if thoughts about my pain come up I now better and better manage to think ”I can think about that in tomorrow’s ’session’, now I have time for other things.”. I have been able to get some space between myself and the pain and I have been able to fill that space with more life!

Right now I’m on a holiday in the north of Sweden doing downhill skiing with my boyfriend and some friends! It’s absolutely wonderful! Imagine the feeling of freedom when I’m on top of the mountain looking out or when I’m using my body to get me down the slope, with the cold wind in my face. The contrast to my last year when I wasn't able to move at all (or maybe I just thought so?) is overwhelming. One thing that I'm thankful for is that my pain problem really has made me appreciate things that other people might take for granted. Today's cup of hot chocolate after some hours of skiing with my boyfriend made my life perfect (for a while ;) ).

I have a lot of hope now for the future and I have so many plans (most of them include physical aciivity) for the upcoming year. I want to fill it with things that make me happy. I believe that it’s at least the TMS-process that has made me able to allow myself that.

And last, but not least - all you people that are so encouraging and generous in your responds: You mean so much. Thank you!

Mala likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Lina, you made my day. It's great to visualize you skiing in the north of Sweden with your boyfriend and other friends.
    You are a wonderful example of TMS belief and healing.

Structure of a healing program is so important and I'm glad the SEP is working for you.
    A lot of people put a lot of thought and work into it, and it really helps to heal.
    And also to learn more about ourselves, which you've discovered in enjoying living in the present moment
    like really experiencing the drinking of the hot chocolate.

Keep enjoying yourself and sharing your enthusiasm. Happy New Year from Chicago, Illinois.