1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 The most disheartening thing said by a medical professional

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Miss_Daisy, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

When my symptoms first begin (9 years ago, claimed as yeast infections), I went to numerous of gynecologist. One of them told me (woman!) that my boyfriend will leave me because of lack of the sex in my relationship. That happened just few months later.
    After few years I went to another gynecologist (male) and he told me I am in so bad shape and pain that in my place he would drank poison. He passed away this year.
    I remember when I finished with his exam, I run away from hospital down hill, went to the church and crying all the time. I felt so lonely and hopeless before he spoke his insulting words. I felt like a shit.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

That's awful, just awful. Sorry you had to go through this.

3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

So sorry you had to go through medical abuse. Unprofessional and complete bs. Pain down there is hard to explain or treat conventionally but that's no excuse.

Hopefully as more people have this, obgyns will be better informed and helpful.

4. Miss_Daisy

Miss_Daisy New Member

Thank you for your support! :)

Unfortunately, if a woman have problems down there, diagnosis is more less yeast infection or maybe some bacterial vaginosis.
    I remember another one gynecologist and his exam. Well, there was no inside exam, as he brought with him around 20 students to look at me. I was so ashamed by this. I could not relax, and he could not do the exam. He suggest to me that I stop looking at the google and that I certainly do not have PN. At that time I had really bad vulva burning and redness, and he gave me a cream for burnings. He said, for 2 weeks I will be a new person lol.
    I never went back to him.

Another story which I remembered now. I have been to orthopedist to look at my MR of the hips because I also have FAI (femoroacetabular impingement). His exam was pretty akward as he touched lightly my legs and all the time he compliment about my body and how I look great. I should have slap him in the face. What a jerk.