1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 4 The most disheartening thing doctor has said to me

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by clive, May 17, 2013.

1. clive

clive New Member

The most disheartening thing I heard from a doctor was that my nervous system had probably been damaged by low b12 levels and that it would take 2 years to recover – and that it wasn’t worth having tests for this because that wouldn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know. He said ‘Keep calm and carry on’ Ha Ha Ha : – ( Grrrrr

Oh by the way high from a new user of this amazing site

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Welcome, Clive!

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Does that mean that your doctor had already tested you for low B12, Clive? Was it an established fact? I remember my family doctor had me take B12 when I had a tooth infection under a crown that was causing all kinds of symptoms that didn't make sense until the tooth infection finally manifested. Makes me wonder what there is about B12 and the central nervous system anyway?

That said, welcome aboard, Clive.

BruceMC

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Clive,
    Please, do not be discouraged. Maybe, you can start to really eat healthy with no processed foods and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I am sure
    you should check that out with your doctor first but it cannot hurt.

May I ask how he is treating you?
    G.R.

5. clive

clive New Member

I'm in the UK he is not really treating me at all I have had the initial B12 shots and have taken B12 supplements myself. My B12 level is now quite high. There is essentially no other treatment for my condition apart from pain killers which I won't take - if it is really B12 deficiency due to nerve damage - and I doubt this. Thanks for asking.

I do have quite a healthy diet at one point I was eating essentially raw fruit and veg for about 3 months but this seemed to make little difference.

Regards Clive