1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Mind Body Connection...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, May 20, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I just wanted to share this little video on The Mind Body Connection, it's great that the presenter credits Dr John Sarno with his own healing.

Best

Mike

MWsunin12 and Tennis Tom like this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Mike! That was a good way to start my day, with some Vitamin Sarno. The gentlemen speaking hit the TMS nail on the HEAD!--or in the head. The pain emanates from the mind. It was interesting that he was raised a Christian Scientist, which follows the TMS belief, that the mind controls the body, the body being an "illusion" as he put it. Dr. Sarno said in one of his books, that he found that religious people, such as Hasidic Jews, were able to accept his TMS theory more readily, due to their background in belief.

Occasionally it's said at this site that seeking too much TMS knowledge can be detrimental to one's healing. Perhaps if it becomes an OCD obsession interfering with functioning, but I don't think I agree with that. I'm reading SteveO's little "TEN BOOK" and getting new insights and inspiration from each page. Like taking vitamins, or daily exercising, getting some Sarno everyday is a good thing!--full disclosure, I don't take vitamins, but I often sleep at Holiday Inn Expresses--good cinnamon buns.

After watching the short video, which was nicely presented by the gentlemen, it gave me a boost of inspiration to go out and do something--like smack a tennis ball. And, the video was nicely done, I liked his little set with the blue background, his mint green polo shirt, the nouveau lamp on the table--the plant was a bit wilted, maybe an orchid would have been better. He spoke with a true confidence about TMS as someone who had "cured" his back problem by reading a little book.

Thanks for sharing Mike!
    tt/lsmft

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    mike2014 likes this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

It could also be the reason why some younger children are able to heal faster than some older people. Younger children have less inner chatter and those parts of the brain associated with religion/belief are much stronger.