1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Meaning of Truth

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

I recently heard about a new TMS book called The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life. The author, Nicole Sachs, LCSW, is a TMS therapist and a former patient of Dr. Sarno. She also used to be on Sarno’s Alumni Panel!

I haven’t read the book yet, but it looks wonderful. The Amazon description says:
    This book is for anyone who has ever hurt, felt less-than, struggled with the expectations of his or her world, hoped for more personal peace, contentment, and meaning in life. Basically, it's for every one of us. Nicole J. Sachs, LCSW bravely and with raw emotion, reveals herself to readers with the ultimate goal of gently coaxing them to embrace themselves. As she reminds us throughout with kindness and compassion, "Let go of the giving up, and consider the meaning of your truth. The life you save is your own."

I also saw a lot of myself in the preface of the book (which she posted on her website at http://meaningoftruthbook.com/me/)
    This description touches so much on what I think the TMS personality is about: our need for admiration and our fear we are never good enough. It sounds like this will be something very relatable for TMSers, and it looks to be a unique take on TMS and recovering from chronic pain. I am planning on purchasing it in a couple of days and will let everyone know how it is. Feel free to check it out. If you read it, or already have, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

tarala and Becca like this.