1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Book The Meaning of Truth - Nicole J.Sachs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mermaid, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

I must have read every TMS self-help book available, although I understood the concept and knew what was causing all my pain and anxiety I never had the courage to tackle it head on until I read this book. It's the most honest uplifting book I have ever read, Nicole holds nothing back and teaches us in her own unique way that neither should we. Anyone would benefit from her insights, it's just a better way to live.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Mermaid,
    Thanks for posting your review of this book here. I'm going to add it to my list of books to read, and I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't taken the time to review it. There is a video on the tmswiki of Forest interviewing Nicole that I really enjoyed. Looking forward to reading her book.

3. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW Therapist and TMS Author

Hi ladies,

Thank you so much for mentioning my book here and acknowledging the hard (and often gut-wrenching) work I do every day in the effort to help people overcome their TMS in many forms! My private practice is now almost exclusively TMS patients, and I'm finding it more and more enlightening as I partner with these brave people to continue on their journeys. Although my life is busy, I really want to make an effort to be more present here and other arenas when TMS information is being spread. I lack the funds to do any real PR, but I hope that through word of mouth my little book is getting around, as my passion to educate the world about TMS is undying.

I am available for personal consults and distance therapy until I'm absolutely chock full. Contact me at meaningoftruth@gmail.com. Thank you again for the thumbs up. I needed that today! All the best... Nicole

Nicole J. Sachs, LCSW
    www.meaningoftruthbook.com

4. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

Another +1 for you book from me, Nicole! I loved the style of your book and appreciate how much you shared about your own journey. The practical information was very helpful too in getting me started journaling, which I'd never actually done (only thought about).

Thanks for popping in and I would love to see more posts from you here.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with Mermaid and Sarah430. I read the book and I love Nicole's raw ability to get you to understand the truth.
    Hence the meaning of truth. Its Awesome. Thank You so much Nicole

7. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Eric "Herbie" - Thank YOU. I have struggled quite a bit over this book. I plan to write a blog about this topic as soon as I get a chance, and I will post it here. Every human struggle should be shared, in my opinion. There is always the chance that someone out there will feel understood for the first time, potentially ever. I got an email like that the other day from a complete stranger, and it made my heart soar. In the mean time, here is my latest BLOG post. It's just a reprint of the preface that I wrote before attempting to tell my story in the book, but I've been told by every one of my clients that he/she REALLY needed to hear this kind of thing to move forward in profoundly healing their TMS, so maybe someone here needs to hear it as well.

http://meaningoftruthbook.com/blog/

Much love to this beautiful community! And as always, many thanks to Forest for tirelessly spreading the word. In my opinion, there are few things more important in this life than helping the world understand TMS. Imagine the depth of healing (and lack of pain in the first place) if each hurting human could understand...

I've dedicated my life to giving it my all, in the hope that just a little bit of the world will be changed as a result.

With gratitude, n.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Nicole, you are an inspiration to us all. You're "right on" in your dedication to spreading the good words of Dr. Sarno
    about TMS. It led me to be pain free and a journey into a new life of understanding myself and others.

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW and Forest like this.
  9. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Thank you, Walt! So looking forward to sharing my book with the TMS Wiki community. :)