1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Magic of Believing

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I remember for years I had this gloomy look about my life. I had thought that nothing was ever going to turn out the way I had hoped for. Doomed to a life of poverty and defeat and pain. Then I decided to give my higher power a look see, something deeper this time, something magical.
    I was going to be for real and put away all my childish games. Within 2 months after my decision to change my thoughts and my whole demeanor to a higher calling, I was feeling this magical feeling. I learned this rule called acceptance and with that acceptance I learned the magic of believing all things were working out for my best no matter what the situation might have looked like.
    If I had my goals on accomplishing some big task and it didn't turn out the way I had wish -- I knew in my heart that was a blessing too because the circumstance had diverted me away from harm and inconsistencies leading me ever so closer to my desired outcome.
    I learned to smile when the chips were down and to hold my head high when all seemed to go wrong. I knew if I stayed strong then my crooked path would be made straight and my valley would turn into a mountain.This way I would eventually be able to grab ahold of the prize that I had my eyes and heart intentioned on. I knew by wisdom if I keep my thoughts on hope and love that when it was all said and done I'd be the victor no matter what.
    This was my magic, my secret system that I told everyone about and no one seemed to believe it was for them too but the magic of belief and surrender, hope and gratitude is for anyone that will give it time to cultivate the happiness and joy that only comes with a heart that smiles a country mile wide.
    I did have hard times but I knew something good was going to happen and bless me seven times stronger over the defeat that had hoped to hurt me.
    I knew in my heart there was a system to all of this. I want to tell you all how I learned the art of magic that can bring to you gifts of patience and love, joy and surrender.
    See we often think alls got to be perfect before we can actually start to believe for great things to happen and I'm here to tell you if your waiting on that perfect day before you start that art of magical believing, well, all I can say is you will be waiting a long time.
    The first rule is to step forward and know all good things that you desire can come to you if you really want it and desire it.
    I want to add that I had many miracles happen in those years with my magical believing but the main thing is to know that you are the creator of your future and all you manifest. Just like you created the doubt and depression, well you can cultivate that magic, just know something special is about to happen.

Rule number 1 ) Right now wherever you are start to feel that something magical is about to happen for you, enter into the now and then just start to trust that all things will work out for your best and most importantly something magical is about to happen. This is called the law of expectancy. Expect great, magical things to happen for you wherever you go or anytime of the day. Create this belief into a habit so in due time it wont be so hard to think this way. We all want to be happy and happiness is an emotion that can be manifest, we have to start with the expectation that all good things are working out for us all the time, remember, something magical is about to happen.

Rule number 2) Everyday make a list of things that you are grateful for and make a habit of repeating that list 3 times a day no matter what, use this gratitude journal to cultivate the emotion of love and dwell in that emotion as much as possible.

Rule number 3) Know that you are going to have setbacks, you are going to have struggles, you are going to have bad emotions, anxiety and pain. The main thing is to stop feeding them all the attention you have been giving them, just let them be with you when they are and get right back to your magical thinking as soon as possible. ( If possible keep on with the magical thinking even in these times).

Distractions are a way for us to grow stronger with our magical believing. Just like the palm tree that are blown all the way to the ground when the hurricanes come to florida, when it's all said and done those palm trees grow even stronger than they would have ever been without the pressure from the storms. They look healthier and even more beautiful than they already are and soon when the next storm comes and then the next they become like iron and stand ever so strong as the storm blows and blows.

Rule number 4) Just be, just assume and know that everything is magically working out for you and all you ever hoped for is happening now behind the scenes being made ready for that perfect time to be released to you in that magical moment. Believe in life bringing you all you need just as soon as you stop having anxiety over when it is coming, it's often when we stop the worry and the anxiety that we free up our way for the magic to begin.

Rule number 5) No matter what you are a king or queen in the kingdom and your thoughts are the commands that life has to reward you with. Your expectations are the extra gifts and love life wants to reward you with. You have to know that you are just as special as anyone that has ever had magic bestowed on them. Expect all your needs and desires to be met and be ready in anticipation and soon you will thank me. Life will give you what you ask of it.

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Believing you are healing even in the setbacks is a main ingredient in every tms protocol. Never give up, always persist and soon like siennas New victory in her journey, you too will have yours. This is for you Sienna and anyone that might have a setback, bless you.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Herbie,

Thanks for the inspiration. I saw a Byron Katie quote the other day which reminds me of your post:
    "Life isn't happening to you, it is happening for you." Maybe another way to say this is "Life is happening with you." or "Life is happening in you."

Related perhaps, here is a quote by a teacher of mine, Elias Amidon in a post called "God is not something already made:"

"If God is not something already made, and if we accept that God is All, unbounded and omnipresent, then we, you and I, are not something already made either. Our moments, our thoughts, our most intimate experiences, are all alive with becoming. What we think is happening and what we believe to be true — even our most cherished beliefs, or our everyday opinions about the people in our lives, or our feelings about our own self-worth and our complaints about life — none of it is conclusive or inherently true. Nothing is already made. All is flow."

The fact that everything is a great Becoming is a hint at real magic!

Andy B

Mad and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is Awesome Andy B. Thank you so much, life is being created at all times thought upon thought - Precept upon Precept as the Bible says. You have added something as Magical as the Heavens to this post by the Great Byron Katie and I thank you so much for this, God bless you.

5. 575

575 Peer Supporter

I too think that belief is magical.
    I've been experiencing tons of synchronicities (unbelievable "coincidences") over the past few months, every single day
    and they become more and more incredible.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I'm a firm believer in miracles, especially the everyday ones. Perhaps most of us have just never learned to recognize them.
    I work in a middle school, and at times it's easy to become discouraged by just overall rudeness of the kids. But then something magical will happen--I'll notice one of them doing something kind or thoughtful, and it gives me great hope for the future.
    Here's to the everyday magic!

7. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

Thank you for this. For many years now, I've struggled with feeling trapped, as if things will never progress, or that my endeavors will never come to fruition- financially speaking, mostly. I have to rewire my brain, knowing that believing is oftentimes the hardest part.