1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

The Lost Writings

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I remember a time when my fiancé was going away to Texas by herself for the first time we'd ever been apart since we met. I had knowledge of the tms just like you but for many days at night while asleep id awake with a flare up. Now I knew the emotion that was causing this and I thought if I knew the emotion then Why would I be having the pain right. Well then it hit me, Even though I knew the emotion well that was causing the pain -- I still had to fully accept without a doubt that she'd be alright without me for a while. Surly the fear I had of her getting hurt all by herself was ringing in my unconscious while I was awake but for some reason it was like while I was conscious of the unconscious happenings -- awake, they wouldn't happen but as soon as I went to sleep or even dozed off for a moment the pain was there.

So see even when were totally aware of the emotion it can still creep in while were asleep for sure. The thing I did to get it to finally stop was to once and for all acknowledge to myself that I knew in my heart that she was going to be fine if I wasn't there for her. I also had to acknowledge to myself that I'd be ok if she wasn't there for me. I knew in my heart that God wasn't going to let anything happen but I had to know it for myself and come to a place where no fear or worry could play with my thoughts again.

I'd came to far and did my homework just like you. I had to let go and trust in myself that I had no reason to worry anymore. I had to also let go and trust my own mental ability (that if I perceived fear) or hurt or loss in any form then my mind was so shaped to follow suit and give me pain cause I had already got so good at cutting the pain off with my mind. Now I had to know without a shadow of a doubt -- just like the word says -- Great is thy peace of thy children.
    I knew if I could accept that peace that passes all understanding that I'd get better and I did. I had to put all of my trust in God that he wasn't going to let anything happen to the ones I loved.

The Lost Writings for the book.
    God does not want you in pain. Eric Watson, Walter Olesky -- 2014

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Herbie. This is great. It probably also registers with parents of little ones
    when they send them off to school for the first time or even later.

I will work it into the end of our book, in the PMS PS section.

It's too good to leave out.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.