1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 29 The legalist trait and a setback

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DontStopBelieving, Jun 22, 2017.

1. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Only by observing myself when complaining about people at work could I see how annoyed and angry I get when other people just don't get the simplest basic concepts. And how frustrated I get when I have to explain things, I feel like I'm way ahead and bored because of waiting for the rest to catch up. So when they don't share my views my inner child get infuriated. Tantrum after tantrum. I used to think that this was wrong to feel, ashamed that I feel I'm better than others, how could I? A conflict of low self-esteem and trying to accomplish my potential while working with people who didn't care as much as I did. They just had different views.
    On a different note, my head is exploding with a headache today.Yesterday evening I found myself really nervous and pushed to find a better organisation system of my wardrobe. There were some clothes that I don't wear because I gained some weight, and I blamed myself for letting that happen. Not looking good enough, idiotic I know. Also I have been trying to cut on unhealthy food. So it all ended up in a tension headache. And tears because I allowed myself to get tense again, now I feel I'm doing it all wrong and going back to the original, very scary state of a few months ago.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You've been in a double whammy, from work and your self image, so no wonder you have a tension headache. It comes from our emotions.

I took the leap 40 years ago and quit my job because I hated working with incompetent people. I made the right decision to become self-employed (a freelance writer), even though it has been a financial challenge. Staying in a job with people who work at less than their potential is a different kind of challenge. I suggest you just take them for what they are and try not to let it stress you.

As for your self-image, push those slimmer clothes to the back of the wardrobe. Out of sight is out of mind. Try not to become too heavy, and emotional stress can do that. If we're unhappy, we eat or snack too much.

I have doozie of a headache today. It probably came on from computer problems. If there are computers or any kind of technology in the next life, I'm not sure I want to go there.

3. DontStopBelieving

DontStopBelieving Peer Supporter

Hi Walt, I have good and bad days in terms of letting the environment stress me. Unhappy in the country we are living in overall, so it doesn't help. We want to move but doubts have been buzzing in my mind, I don't know if I have the energy to start again somewhere else but at the same time, the idea of staying isn't working.
    Anything doozie for me means TMS. And the past few months' symptoms were all doozie. What kind of computer problems did you mean?